Mass Torts Update - Written by Beasley Allen on Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:47 - 0 Comments
Judge Joseph R. Goodwin has designated the case of Joann Serrano v. American Medical Systems, Inc. as the first bellwether case in the AMS MDL to be set for trial. The trial is scheduled to begin on April 7, 2014. Mrs. Serrano’s case was one of four bellwether cases previously selected in the multidistrict litigation against American Medical Systems Inc. Mrs. Serrano was implanted with American Medical Systems’ Monarc Subfascial Hammock Sling, a polypropylene mesh product. After implantation, Mrs. Serrano began to experience pelvic pain, lower abdominal pain, and dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse) and was informed she would need to undergo a surgical procedure to have the Monarc Sling removed. During the procedure to remove the sling, the physician discovered that Mrs. Serrano’s pelvic tissue had grown completely into the sling and was forced to remove the sling piece by piece. Pathology conducted on the removed pieces of the mesh sling revealed that the mesh was infected which resulted in inflammation to Mrs. Serrano’s surrounding tissue.
Judge Goodwin has also scheduled the first bellwether trial in the Johnson & Johnson (Ethicon) MDL. The case, Lewis v. Johnson & Johnson, is scheduled to begin on February 10, 2014. Ms. Lewis was implanted with Ethicon’s TVT Sling, a polypropylene mesh product. After implantation, Ms. Lewis experienced pelvic pain and dyspareunia and was forced to undergo multiple procedures to remove portions of the TVT Sling. Upon removing a portion of the TVT sling, Ms. Lewis’ physician discovered scarring to Ms. Lewis’ vaginal wall caused by the sling which caused her to experience pelvic pain and dyspareunia.
If you need additional information relating to either of these two MDLs, you can contact Leigh O’Dell or Chad Cook, lawyers in our firms Mass Torts Section, at 800-898-2034 or by email at Leigh.Odell@beasleyallen.com or Chad.Cook@beasleyallen.com.
Leave a Reply
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- MF Global Officers’ Defense Cost Already At $48 Million
- GSK Fined Record $489 Million For Bribery In China
- Bank Of America’s Mortgage Backed Securities Settlement Is The Most Consumer Friendly Deal Struck Thus Far
- Alabama Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status For $3.2 Billion Investor Lawsuit Against CVS Caremark
- U.S. Senate Confirms Jill Pryor To 11th Circuit
- Alabama Campaigns Move Slowly Towards November
- The National Scene Begins To Generate Interest
- United Kingdom’s Government Backs BP
- U.S. Chamber Sides With Foreign Oil Company Over Its Own Members
- Halliburton Reaches Settlement On Claims
- A Confirmation Of Judge Barbier’s Ruling That BP Was Grossly Negligent
- I bought my f350 from our local ford 2 years ago it had 140000 on it in the firs...
- I have worked for dollar general for 14 1/2 years. sept 29th me and my whole cre...
- I had the same ignition problem where the car would not turn off on my 2007 HHR ...
- my recall was just preformed and power steering has gone out. are these two issu...
- I would like to know if I have A case that your firm would take on. I had severe...
- If possible, I would love to join the class action law suit.
We own a 2004 F 35...
- I am wondering about this lawsuit. What the outcome is....
- You can find more information about Lipitor and its connection to Type 2 diabete...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Oct 2, 2014 13:14 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- NHTSA Looking Into Ford Fiesta Door Latch Problems
- NHTSA Looks At Chrysler Minivan Stalling Issue
- NHTSA Puts Blame on GM For Hiding Ignition Switch Defect
- Aurora Shooting Victims Sue Ammunition E-Retailers
- Children’s Clothing Should Never Be Fire Traps
Recalls Update - Oct 2, 2014 9:39 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- FDA Tells Compounder To Recall Contaminated Goods Again
- More Than 200,000 Pairs Of Children’s Sunglasses Recalled
- Cabrinha Recalls Kiteboarding Control System Due To Risk Of Injury
- iDevices Recalls Temperature Probes Due To Ingestion Hazard
- AmTRAN Video Recalls To Repair 42-Inch JVC Flat Panel Televisions