Mass Torts Update - Written by Beasley Allen on Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:47 - 0 Comments
Judge Joseph R. Goodwin has designated the case of Joann Serrano v. American Medical Systems, Inc. as the first bellwether case in the AMS MDL to be set for trial. The trial is scheduled to begin on April 7, 2014. Mrs. Serrano’s case was one of four bellwether cases previously selected in the multidistrict litigation against American Medical Systems Inc. Mrs. Serrano was implanted with American Medical Systems’ Monarc Subfascial Hammock Sling, a polypropylene mesh product. After implantation, Mrs. Serrano began to experience pelvic pain, lower abdominal pain, and dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse) and was informed she would need to undergo a surgical procedure to have the Monarc Sling removed. During the procedure to remove the sling, the physician discovered that Mrs. Serrano’s pelvic tissue had grown completely into the sling and was forced to remove the sling piece by piece. Pathology conducted on the removed pieces of the mesh sling revealed that the mesh was infected which resulted in inflammation to Mrs. Serrano’s surrounding tissue.
Judge Goodwin has also scheduled the first bellwether trial in the Johnson & Johnson (Ethicon) MDL. The case, Lewis v. Johnson & Johnson, is scheduled to begin on February 10, 2014. Ms. Lewis was implanted with Ethicon’s TVT Sling, a polypropylene mesh product. After implantation, Ms. Lewis experienced pelvic pain and dyspareunia and was forced to undergo multiple procedures to remove portions of the TVT Sling. Upon removing a portion of the TVT sling, Ms. Lewis’ physician discovered scarring to Ms. Lewis’ vaginal wall caused by the sling which caused her to experience pelvic pain and dyspareunia.
If you need additional information relating to either of these two MDLs, you can contact Leigh O’Dell or Chad Cook, lawyers in our firms Mass Torts Section, at 800-898-2034 or by email at Leigh.Odell@beasleyallen.com or Chad.Cook@beasleyallen.com.
Leave a Reply
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- IIHS List Of Safest Cars Grows Amid Record Recalls In The U.S.
- NHTSA Needs Adequate Resources To Do Its Job
- Former NHTSA Employees Join Takata Air Bag Defect Panel
- BMW Will Replace Airbags Nationwide
- GM Recalls 83,000 SUVs And Trucks For Faulty Ignitions
- GM Gets 108 More Claims For Defective Ignition Switch Compensation
- Koch Brothers Set $889 Million Budget For Lead-Up To 2016
- Whistleblower Wins Supreme Court Ruling
- Pfizer Pays $400 Million To End Shareholder Suit
- Study Author Says Autism Risk Linked To Chemicals
- Multi-State Dog Fighting Ring Ordered To Pay $2 Million Restitution
- i don' know where is the form to fill up
- do i need to fill up the form
claim UJT-10073675001 Johnson vs USCB...
- sending this in hope for that you receive this and respond . Do I need to fill o...
- I recently saw an episode of BAR on WSFA regarding trying to get the legislature...
- I have a 2004 F150 Lariat crew cab. Driving home from work in 2011 (cold weather...
- In 2005 August 12th my husband commited suicide after being on Lexapro. I notice...
- Anthony Franco, the last part of your paragraph is absolutely not true, the new ...
- I have been searching for something like this ... I have worked 50 to 65 hours p...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Feb 9, 2015 14:42 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Recalls Of Cars Abroad Prompt No Urgency In United States
- FHWA Opens Website For Public Reporting Of Guardrail Flaws
- Lawyers In Our Firm Settle Industrial Machine Design Case
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- Toyota Ordered to Pay $11 Million in U.S. Trial Over Fatal Sudden Unintended Acceleration Crash
Recalls Update - Feb 9, 2015 9:36 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Johnson Health Tech Recalls Matrix Fitness Strength Training Machines
- Cleaner And Degreaser Recalled For Chemical Hazard
- NPD Furniture Recalls Dining Chairs Due To Fall Hazard
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled By Star Ride Kids
- CoScentrix Expands Recall Of DD Brand Candles