Mass Torts Update - Written by Beasley Allen on Monday, October 7, 2013 10:14 - 0 Comments
Over 25,000 transvaginal mesh (TVM) cases are pending in the Multidistrict Litigation (MDL) in the Southern District of West Virginia, which is overseen by U.S. District Judge Joseph R. Goodwin. These six MDLs involve vaginal mesh manufacturers C.R. Bard, Inc., American Medical Systems, Inc., Boston Scientific Corp., Ethicon Inc., Coloplast Corp., and Cook Medical Inc. Several thousand more cases are pending in consolidated state court litigations in New Jersey, California, Massachusetts, and Minnesota against these defendants and other transvaginal mesh manufacturers.
Judge Goodwin of the Southern District of West Virginia recently scheduled the first round of bellwether trials involving transvaginal mesh manufacturers Bard, Boston Scientific, and AMS. These bellwether trials are scheduled for November of this year, February and April of 2014 and will serve as the first bellwether trials involving these three defendants. There is also an Ethicon trial scheduled for December of this year in New Jersey state court.
The scheduled trials are in addition to the bellwether trials involving C.R. Bard that have been ongoing since July 2013. As previously reported, the first two trials produced positive results for the Plaintiffs in each case. In the first case, Cisson, et al. v. C.R. Bard, Inc., the jury returned a verdict in favor of the Plaintiff, Donna Cisson. Shortly thereafter, C.R. Bard reached a settlement with the plaintiff in the second Bellwether trial, Queen, et al. v. C.R. Bard, Inc. The third and fourth trials involving C.R. Bard are slated to begin this month and in November 2013.
In addition to these trials, discovery is ongoing in both the overall TVM litigation and individual cases. Lawyers from our firm’s Mass Torts Section continue to be heavily involved in the TVM litigation, including the massive discovery process. Our lawyers are currently investigating claims where women have experienced organ perforation, bleeding, urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, pelvic and vaginal pain, infection, discomfort during intercourse, and the need for corrective surgeries following the transvaginal placement of mesh for pelvic organ prolapse (POP) or stress urinary incontinence (SUI) repair. If you or a family member has suffered such an injury, contact Leigh O’Dell or Chad Cook, lawyers in our Mass Torts Section, at 800-898-2034 or by email at Leigh.Odell@beasleyallen.com or Chad.Cook@beasleyallen.com.
Leave a Reply
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- IIHS List Of Safest Cars Grows Amid Record Recalls In The U.S.
- NHTSA Needs Adequate Resources To Do Its Job
- Former NHTSA Employees Join Takata Air Bag Defect Panel
- BMW Will Replace Airbags Nationwide
- GM Recalls 83,000 SUVs And Trucks For Faulty Ignitions
- GM Gets 108 More Claims For Defective Ignition Switch Compensation
- Koch Brothers Set $889 Million Budget For Lead-Up To 2016
- Whistleblower Wins Supreme Court Ruling
- Pfizer Pays $400 Million To End Shareholder Suit
- Study Author Says Autism Risk Linked To Chemicals
- Multi-State Dog Fighting Ring Ordered To Pay $2 Million Restitution
- sending this in hope for that you receive this and respond . Do I need to fill o...
- I recently saw an episode of BAR on WSFA regarding trying to get the legislature...
- I have a 2004 F150 Lariat crew cab. Driving home from work in 2011 (cold weather...
- In 2005 August 12th my husband commited suicide after being on Lexapro. I notice...
- Anthony Franco, the last part of your paragraph is absolutely not true, the new ...
- I have been searching for something like this ... I have worked 50 to 65 hours p...
- 2005 F150 Supercrew: I have replaced 3 out of 4 and the last regulator is broken...
- i understand that wat has happened but it is also the owner of said vehicle to d...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Feb 9, 2015 14:42 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Recalls Of Cars Abroad Prompt No Urgency In United States
- FHWA Opens Website For Public Reporting Of Guardrail Flaws
- Lawyers In Our Firm Settle Industrial Machine Design Case
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- Toyota Ordered to Pay $11 Million in U.S. Trial Over Fatal Sudden Unintended Acceleration Crash
Recalls Update - Feb 9, 2015 9:36 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Johnson Health Tech Recalls Matrix Fitness Strength Training Machines
- Cleaner And Degreaser Recalled For Chemical Hazard
- NPD Furniture Recalls Dining Chairs Due To Fall Hazard
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled By Star Ride Kids
- CoScentrix Expands Recall Of DD Brand Candles