A lawsuit has been filed against CenterPoint. A five-year-old and her three-year-old brother were shocked and severely burned by a dangling power pole guy wire. In the lawsuit, filed by the family, it’s contended that the power company is solely responsible for this incident. No one knew the guy wire was electrified or that it could become electrified. The only ones who should have known that was CenterPoint.
The lawsuit offers graphic details of the accident, which occurred in the backyard of the family’s home. It says they were playing near the wire when it became electrified and knocked them unconscious. The little girl was set on fire and stopped breathing. Her father performed CPR and eventually revived her. Both children were flown to Shriner’s Burn Center in Galveston, where doctors performed skin grafting procedures. The doctors also had to amputate some of the children’s limbs.
The lawsuit contends the victims’ parents told CenterPoint about the dangling wire two weeks prior to the incident, yet nothing was done about it. Tony Buzbee, a Houston lawyer, represents the family.
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.