Battat Inc., of Plattsburgh, N.Y., has agreed to pay a civil penalty of $400,000. The penalty agreement has been accepted provisionally by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Battat was alleged to have knowingly failed to report defects and hazards associated with Magnabild Magnetic Building Sets to the CPSC immediately, as required by federal law. The Magnabild was a magnetic building set labeled for ages three and up. Small magnets inside the building pieces can fall out, and if found by young children, can be swallowed or aspirated. If more than one magnet is swallowed, the magnets can attract to each other, connect, and cause intestinal perforations or blockages, which can be fatal.
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.