Mass Torts Update - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 14:29 - 0 Comments
Sanofi-Aventis and Bristol-Myer Squibb, the manufacturers of Plavix, have received several FDA warning letters regarding false and misleading statements made in promotional materials for the blood thinner. These FDA letters clearly indicate that the manufacturers were more concerned with increasing sales and profits, at the expense of providing fair and accurate information to consumers and doctors. At the time Plavix was developed, the makers’ own studies demonstrated that the drug was not any better than Aspirin at preventing heart attacks and strokes.
Through proper evaluation of clinical trials, the limited benefits as opposed to the increased risk of heart attacks, strokes, internal bleeding and even death should have been apparent. There has been a great deal of Plavix litigation around the country. The FDA asked the manufacturers on several occasions to change their misleading statements and stop promoting unproven uses of the medication. But nothing was done. Finally, the new Plavix warning has a black box, the FDA’s most severe warning.
Anyone who has taken Plavix and suffered a heart attack or had a family member who died after taking the drug can contact Melissa Prickett, a lawyer in our Mass Torts Section, to find out if there is a potential claim. Melissa can be contacted at 800-898-2034 or by email at Melissa.Prickett@beasleyallen.com.
Leave a Reply
- We Should Not Be Surprised By How Low BP Will Go To Get Its Way
- An Update on the ASR Hip Litigation
- 2013 Was a Banner Year for Whistleblower Cases
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Jere Beasley Report, February 2014
- An Update on the Actos Trial
- Five AndroGel Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott
- Efforts Underway to Enact Uniform Data Security Law
- Kentucky Addiction Clinic Settles False Claims Act Allegations for $15.75 Million
- GM Knew Of Cobalt Ignition Problem
- BP Oil Spill Medical Settlement Moves Forward
- Parting Words
- Monthly Reminders
- A Message From Dr. Sidney M. Wolfe For The American People
- Museum Of Alabama Has Its Grand Opening
- A Big Win In Daytona
- Please check out our GM Recall Survivors page on Facebook....
- the machine was not the cause . th cause is the consumer not reading the manual ...
- ... Sorry, TYPO! 'NOW," as of March 4, 2014, I am not hearing a knocking undern...
- I purchased a 2010 HHR in September of 2011 in order to transport my elderly par...
- KEITH COOK THESE NEW CARS DON'T HAVE POWER STEERING FLUID ITS DONE BY COMPUTER...
- YES i OWN A 2009 HHR YES THE KEY GOT STUCK THEY SAID IT WAS A BATTER IN THE K...
- I just got a call from my wife and our 2007 HHR has had the "Power Steering" pro...
- As a long-time general practice lawyer who constantly tries to educate the publ...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Mar 5, 2014 9:02 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Seatbelts For Buses Have Been Recommended For Decades
- Aggressive Airbag Inflation Can Cause Injury And Death
- If You Want To Update Your Car – There Will Be An App For That!
- Electronic Power Steering Failures In Toyota Cars
- Final Order Issued In $1.15 Billion California Lead Paint Case
Recalls Update - Mar 5, 2014 11:07 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Company Recalls 8.7 Million Pounds Of Meat
- Runway Global Recalls Girls’ Sugarfly Hooded Jackets
- Lion Force Recalls Boys’ Puffer Coats Due To Strangulation Hazard
- BebeLove Recalls Baby Walkers Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Agila Specialties Private Limited Recalls 10 Lots Of Etomidate Injection 2 mg/mL – 10 mL And 20 mL