Mass Torts Update - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 14:29 - 2 Comments
Sanofi-Aventis and Bristol-Myer Squibb, the manufacturers of Plavix, have received several FDA warning letters regarding false and misleading statements made in promotional materials for the blood thinner. These FDA letters clearly indicate that the manufacturers were more concerned with increasing sales and profits, at the expense of providing fair and accurate information to consumers and doctors. At the time Plavix was developed, the makers’ own studies demonstrated that the drug was not any better than Aspirin at preventing heart attacks and strokes.
Through proper evaluation of clinical trials, the limited benefits as opposed to the increased risk of heart attacks, strokes, internal bleeding and even death should have been apparent. There has been a great deal of Plavix litigation around the country. The FDA asked the manufacturers on several occasions to change their misleading statements and stop promoting unproven uses of the medication. But nothing was done. Finally, the new Plavix warning has a black box, the FDA’s most severe warning.
Anyone who has taken Plavix and suffered a heart attack or had a family member who died after taking the drug can contact Melissa Prickett, a lawyer in our Mass Torts Section, to find out if there is a potential claim. Melissa can be contacted at 800-898-2034 or by email at Melissa.Prickett@beasleyallen.com.
Leave a Reply
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- IIHS List Of Safest Cars Grows Amid Record Recalls In The U.S.
- NHTSA Needs Adequate Resources To Do Its Job
- Former NHTSA Employees Join Takata Air Bag Defect Panel
- BMW Will Replace Airbags Nationwide
- GM Recalls 83,000 SUVs And Trucks For Faulty Ignitions
- GM Gets 108 More Claims For Defective Ignition Switch Compensation
- Koch Brothers Set $889 Million Budget For Lead-Up To 2016
- Whistleblower Wins Supreme Court Ruling
- Pfizer Pays $400 Million To End Shareholder Suit
- Study Author Says Autism Risk Linked To Chemicals
- Multi-State Dog Fighting Ring Ordered To Pay $2 Million Restitution
- i don' know where is the form to fill up
- do i need to fill up the form
claim UJT-10073675001 Johnson vs USCB...
- sending this in hope for that you receive this and respond . Do I need to fill o...
- I recently saw an episode of BAR on WSFA regarding trying to get the legislature...
- I have a 2004 F150 Lariat crew cab. Driving home from work in 2011 (cold weather...
- In 2005 August 12th my husband commited suicide after being on Lexapro. I notice...
- Anthony Franco, the last part of your paragraph is absolutely not true, the new ...
- I have been searching for something like this ... I have worked 50 to 65 hours p...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Feb 9, 2015 14:42 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Recalls Of Cars Abroad Prompt No Urgency In United States
- FHWA Opens Website For Public Reporting Of Guardrail Flaws
- Lawyers In Our Firm Settle Industrial Machine Design Case
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- Toyota Ordered to Pay $11 Million in U.S. Trial Over Fatal Sudden Unintended Acceleration Crash
Recalls Update - Feb 9, 2015 9:36 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Johnson Health Tech Recalls Matrix Fitness Strength Training Machines
- Cleaner And Degreaser Recalled For Chemical Hazard
- NPD Furniture Recalls Dining Chairs Due To Fall Hazard
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled By Star Ride Kids
- CoScentrix Expands Recall Of DD Brand Candles