Workplace Hazards - Written by Beasley Allen on Thursday, February 9, 2012 14:37 - 0 Comments
American Railcar Industries Inc., headquartered in Saint Charles, Mo., was cited by OSHA for ten serious safety violations after an employee was electrocuted while performing repair work on a tanker-style railcar on July 25th at the company’s work site near Marmaduke. Upon receiving a fatality report from the employer, OSHA initiated an investigation at the company’s facility and found that workers were being exposed to electrical shocks from welding equipment. The violations include:
• failing to provide personal protection for employees conducting cutting and welding operations;
• failing to properly mark the power supply and control boxes for voltage, current and wattage;
• failing to use fixed wiring instead of flexible cords and protect the wiring from possible damage;
• failing to remove defective electrical equipment from service; and
• failing to inspect and mark web slings.
American Railcar Industries, which employs about 260 workers at the Marmaduke facility and about 1,500 workers nationwide, designs and manufactures railcars. The proposed penalties total $61,400. The company has 15 business days from receipt of the citations to comply, or request an informal conference with OSHA. Obviously, these are extremely serious violations if OSHA’s findings are correct.
Leave a Reply
- Favorite Bible Verses
- U.S. Supreme Court Denies Preemption Petition In Reglan Cases
- Fiat Chrysler Hit With Record $105 Million Fine by NHTSA
- Judge Denies Trinity's Request for a New Trial
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Court Says Lloyd’s Of London Can’t Avoid Having To Pay $132 Million In Train Crash Settlement
- Insurers Must Cover $25 Million Damages Against Apartment Complex
- SEC Charges 5 Persons For Insider Trading On Gilead Acquisition
- Dole CEO And General Counsel Found To Be Guilty Of Fraud
- Forex Litigation Filed In Canada
- Banks Reach Multi-Billion Dollar Settlement In Credit Default Swap Litigation
- Toro Awarded $24.3 Million In Patent Dispute With Briggs & Stratton
- Department Of Justice Starts Investigation Involving Antitrust Claims Against The Four Major Airlines
- $415 Million Google And Apple Anti-Poaching Settlement Is Approved
- Essure Victims Deserve Justice
- A Third Suit Filed Against Olympus Claiming Device Spreads Cancer
- I got the same check ~10k, not nearly what it should have been now knowing it wa...
- Correction, it's now October 9, 2015...
- I remember the Black Carbon situation and yes we were settled with and was told ...
- Yesterday, I received a check (almost $10,000.00) out of the settlement from the...
- Hello Leigh,
I hope you are doing well. I am trying to get in touch with you. ...
- We own a 2006 250 diesel. Have taken to a ford dealer for the third time to co...
- Plz away least hear my plea. I am at my wits and feel no one wants to help. Thre...
- I was having some chimney flashing repaired today...the person doing the repair ...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Oct 9, 2015 9:08 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Benzene Causes Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Trial Judge Upholds The $55 Million Seat Belt Defect Verdict Against Honda
- Buyers Must Beware When Buying Chinese Tires
- A Settlement Reached With General Motors In Dallas County, Alabama
- Jurors Find In Favor Of A Couple In Their Blood Bank That Supplied HIV-Tainted Blood To Hospital For Blood Transfusion
Recalls Update - Sep 23, 2015 8:19 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Merck Recalls Temodar And Temozolomide Bottles With Cracked Caps Due To Failure To Meet Child-Resistant Closure Requirement
- Flowers By Zoe Recalls Girls Striped Hoodie And Neon Tie Dye Jacket Due To Strangulation Hazard
- Manhattan Group Recalls Children’s Elephant Activity Toys Due To Choking Hazard
- J.M. Mattress Recalls Renovated Mattresses
- Stork Craft Recalls Crib Mattresses