Workplace Hazards - Written by Beasley Allen on Thursday, February 9, 2012 14:37 - 0 Comments
American Railcar Industries Inc., headquartered in Saint Charles, Mo., was cited by OSHA for ten serious safety violations after an employee was electrocuted while performing repair work on a tanker-style railcar on July 25th at the company’s work site near Marmaduke. Upon receiving a fatality report from the employer, OSHA initiated an investigation at the company’s facility and found that workers were being exposed to electrical shocks from welding equipment. The violations include:
• failing to provide personal protection for employees conducting cutting and welding operations;
• failing to properly mark the power supply and control boxes for voltage, current and wattage;
• failing to use fixed wiring instead of flexible cords and protect the wiring from possible damage;
• failing to remove defective electrical equipment from service; and
• failing to inspect and mark web slings.
American Railcar Industries, which employs about 260 workers at the Marmaduke facility and about 1,500 workers nationwide, designs and manufactures railcars. The proposed penalties total $61,400. The company has 15 business days from receipt of the citations to comply, or request an informal conference with OSHA. Obviously, these are extremely serious violations if OSHA’s findings are correct.
Leave a Reply
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- Favorite Bible Verses
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- EPA Should Update Fracking Pollution Regulations
- Deepwater Fracking Raises Environmental Concerns
- $27.8 Million Settlement Finalized In TVA Coal Ash Spill
- Illinois Transport Company Settles Fatal Crash Suit For $2.7 Million
- Settlement For Family Of College Student Killed In Crash After Alabama National Championship Game
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- $27 Million Verdict Returned In Texas Against McDonald’s
- Was just wondering if you can still be in this lawsuit. I was a manager for 8 yr...
- I keep reading that the pratice of steering is illegal and whole-heartidly suppo...
- Hello William, thank you for your question. We are not aware of any pending liti...
- Has litigation commenced as a result of this recall?...
- Sorry I meant to say settlement papers, but I did speak to someone in the Lawyer...
- I just spoke to someone and was told it will be another month or two before I wi...
- 2005 F150 super cab. Driver side regulator just broke. Dealer wants $200 just fo...
- Today, the 4th window failed in my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew - I bought it new and th...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Sep 4, 2014 13:13 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- More Problems With Goodyear RV Tires
- NHTSA Offers Online Vehicle Recall Check
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Mazda For Engine Valve Defect
- GM Sued For Alleged Antifreeze Defect In Chevy Cruze Models
- Settlement By Kia And Hyundai In Fuel Efficiency MDL Is Approved
Recalls Update - Sep 4, 2014 11:03 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- USDA Recalls 7.5 Tons Of Applegate Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- J&J Unit Recalls Hysterectomy Device Over Cancer Fears
- Samson International Recalls Bar Stool Due To Fall Hazard
- Bexco Recalls Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Ace Bayou Bean Bag Chairs Recalled Because Of Suffocation And Choking Hazards