Transportation - Written by Beasley Allen on Thursday, February 9, 2012 14:45 - 0 Comments
A federal judge has ordered the U.S. Marine Corps to pay $17.8 million for the 2008 crash of a fighter jet into a San Diego home that killed four people. U.S. District Judge Jeffrey Miller made the award at the conclusion of a non-jury trial. The Marine Corps accepted responsibility for the crash in 2008 of the F/A-18D into San Diego’s University City neighborhood. The crash claimed the lives of Don Yoon’s wife, mother-in-law and two daughters. Mr. Yoon was at work when the crash occurred.
The Marine Corps said the aircraft went down because of mechanical failure, as well as pilot and ground personnel error. The pilot ejected safely. The Corps has said that a series of mistakes ultimately led the pilot of the malfunctioning jet to bypass a coastal base and fly over neighborhoods toward an inland base. The victims were 36 year old Youngmi Lee Yoon, her daughters Grace, 15 months, and Rachel, two months; and Seokim Kim Lee, 59, who was visiting from South Korea. The judge ruled the children’s deaths robbed their father of “the comfort, companionship, society and love a young child is capable of providing to a new parent and, then, in later life.” The judge allocated nearly $10 million to Don Yoon, nearly $4 million to his father-in-law and the remainder to the father-in-law’s three adult children.
Source: Los Angeles Times
Leave a Reply
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- Favorite Bible Verses
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- EPA Should Update Fracking Pollution Regulations
- Deepwater Fracking Raises Environmental Concerns
- $27.8 Million Settlement Finalized In TVA Coal Ash Spill
- Illinois Transport Company Settles Fatal Crash Suit For $2.7 Million
- Settlement For Family Of College Student Killed In Crash After Alabama National Championship Game
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- $27 Million Verdict Returned In Texas Against McDonald’s
- I own a 2007 Chevy HHR . Gauges have been going hey wire for about for about 5 m...
- Never know there was a lawsuit against WFB, not until I clicked on to there webs...
- just checking to see if you got all my paperwork and to see when e would receive...
- Checks will be issued sometime this year. Feel free to call 1-800-549-7320 to ma...
- I received a letter from MetLife saying I am a beneficiary of 2 life insurance p...
- My 2006 Ford F150 Supercrew drivers side window regulator does not go down or up...
- i really appreciate the reports and always take the time to read agood portion o...
- We are original owners of a 2004 F150 Supercrew. We last replaced both front wi...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Sep 4, 2014 13:13 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- More Problems With Goodyear RV Tires
- NHTSA Offers Online Vehicle Recall Check
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Mazda For Engine Valve Defect
- GM Sued For Alleged Antifreeze Defect In Chevy Cruze Models
- Settlement By Kia And Hyundai In Fuel Efficiency MDL Is Approved
Recalls Update - Sep 4, 2014 11:03 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- USDA Recalls 7.5 Tons Of Applegate Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- J&J Unit Recalls Hysterectomy Device Over Cancer Fears
- Samson International Recalls Bar Stool Due To Fall Hazard
- Bexco Recalls Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Ace Bayou Bean Bag Chairs Recalled Because Of Suffocation And Choking Hazards