Special Recognitions - Written by Beasley Allen on Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:10 - 0 Comments
Navan Ward, a Shareholder in our firm, is serving as the 2011-2012 Minority Caucus Chair for the American Association for Justice. Established in 1992, the Minority Caucus is responsible for recommending and developing educational opportunities, networking programs and other activities of special interest to AAJ members of color. The Caucus develops programs to stimulate minority membership and participation in leadership roles. It also works on joint programs with other AAJ Sections and special interest groups.
Service in this role gives Navan the opportunity to “foster leadership and promote professional development” among his colleagues. By taking an active role in the legal community, minority lawyers ensure that they have a voice in the development of the profession, and its direction. There is also the potential to reach young people and model to them that they can be anything they want to be, regardless of race, gender or creed. That’s an important message for the future of our profession, and the continued development and practice of the law.
Among his first duties as Chair of this group, Navan presented Alabama’s own Judge Charles Price with the 2011 Johnnie L. Cochran, Jr., Soaring Eagles Award, which is a very high honor. The AAJ Minority Caucus presents this award annually to a lawyer who, despite the challenges of his or her own journey, pursues excellence and has made outstanding efforts and contributions to the legal profession in paving the way for others. Judge Price certainly meets this criteria.
Leave a Reply
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- Favorite Bible Verses
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- Nevada Jury Awards $16 Million To Helicopter Victims’ Families
- Army Helicopter Maker Sued In Fatal Georgia Crash
- Victims Of Deadly Church Bus Crash File Suit
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors Can Safeguard Your Home
- Occidental To Pay $190 Million In New Jersey River Pollution Case
- ExxonMobil Pays $1.4 Million To Settle Pipeline Spill Suit
- Monsanto Crops And Chemicals Destroying A Hawaiian Paradise
- Parting Words
- A Monthly Reminder
- Public Citizen Still Working For Ordinary Citizens
- Another Annual Seat Check Saturday Event A Huge Success
- wells fargo I think has fraud a hud partial claim i was supposed to be on,thin...
- I have a 2005 Ford F150 crew cab. This is the third window in which window regul...
- These tires are on my 2000 Georgie Boy motorhome and have 23,000 miles on them. ...
- Attn: Art Jackson We are opposed to the hog farm being constructed on ...
- I would like to join the class action lawsuit against the Ford Motor Company reg...
- Glad to be getting closure I go into dollar general and spend 10 dollars every o...
- Was just wondering if you can still be in this lawsuit. I was a manager for 8 yr...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Personal Injury, Product Liability - Oct 1, 2014 15:33 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- GM’s Efforts to Stall Discovery Fail
- Lawsuit Against Volkswagen Passat To Be Tried
- More Problems With Goodyear RV Tires
- NHTSA Offers Online Vehicle Recall Check
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Mazda For Engine Valve Defect
Recalls Update - Oct 2, 2014 9:39 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- FDA Tells Compounder To Recall Contaminated Goods Again
- More Than 200,000 Pairs Of Children’s Sunglasses Recalled
- Cabrinha Recalls Kiteboarding Control System Due To Risk Of Injury
- iDevices Recalls Temperature Probes Due To Ingestion Hazard
- AmTRAN Video Recalls To Repair 42-Inch JVC Flat Panel Televisions