Insurance and Finance Update - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:49 - 173 Comments
Our firm has filed a nationwide collective action lawsuit on behalf of all store managers against Dollar General, Inc involving Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). This suit alleges that Dollar General classified employees as “manager” (meaning the company does not have to pay overtime for the hours worked more than 40 hours per single work week), but did not arm these “managers “ with any real “manager duties.” Stated differently, Dollar General misclassified employees as “exempt” from overtime pay because they “titled” their “managers” when in fact they were still doing non-managerial employee duties. There are more than 3,500 Plaintiffs in the collective action. We are scheduled for trial in May 2012. This case is being handled primarily by Lance Gould (Lance.Gould@BeasleyAllen.com), Roman Shaul (Roman.Shaul@BeasleyAllen.com), and Brad Smelser (Brad.Smelser@BeasleyAllen.com), all lawyers in the Section.
Leave a Reply
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- Favorite Bible Verses
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- EPA Should Update Fracking Pollution Regulations
- Deepwater Fracking Raises Environmental Concerns
- $27.8 Million Settlement Finalized In TVA Coal Ash Spill
- Illinois Transport Company Settles Fatal Crash Suit For $2.7 Million
- Settlement For Family Of College Student Killed In Crash After Alabama National Championship Game
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- $27 Million Verdict Returned In Texas Against McDonald’s
- Was just wondering if you can still be in this lawsuit. I was a manager for 8 yr...
- I keep reading that the pratice of steering is illegal and whole-heartidly suppo...
- Hello William, thank you for your question. We are not aware of any pending liti...
- Has litigation commenced as a result of this recall?...
- Sorry I meant to say settlement papers, but I did speak to someone in the Lawyer...
- I just spoke to someone and was told it will be another month or two before I wi...
- 2005 F150 super cab. Driver side regulator just broke. Dealer wants $200 just fo...
- Today, the 4th window failed in my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew - I bought it new and th...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Sep 4, 2014 13:13 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- More Problems With Goodyear RV Tires
- NHTSA Offers Online Vehicle Recall Check
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Mazda For Engine Valve Defect
- GM Sued For Alleged Antifreeze Defect In Chevy Cruze Models
- Settlement By Kia And Hyundai In Fuel Efficiency MDL Is Approved
Recalls Update - Sep 4, 2014 11:03 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- USDA Recalls 7.5 Tons Of Applegate Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- J&J Unit Recalls Hysterectomy Device Over Cancer Fears
- Samson International Recalls Bar Stool Due To Fall Hazard
- Bexco Recalls Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Ace Bayou Bean Bag Chairs Recalled Because Of Suffocation And Choking Hazards