The Firm - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 14:27 - 6 Comments
Our firm has committed financially to help a group of independent filmmakers in the creation of a documentary that would shed light on the harmful side effects of the HPV vaccine, Gardasil. Titled “One More Girl,” the documentary will share the stories of individuals and families devastated following a Gardasil injection. The vaccine, which is touted as a prevention for four types of human papillomavirus (HPV) that could cause cervical cancer, has been linked to thousands of serious adverse event reports and more than 80 deaths. Leigh O’Dell, a lawyer in our Mass Torts Section, is working on a number of cases on behalf of clients who were harmed by Gardasil. Leigh had this to say:
We believe that efforts such as this film, ‘One More Girl,’ are vital to getting the word out about the dangers of Gardasil. We are pleased to be able to support this worthwhile project and trust that many will learn about the unreasonable risks associated with Gardasil prior to having their daughters vaccinated.
The film’s title is a play on the effective Gardasil advertising campaign, “One Less,” which encouraged girls to be vaccinated so they could be “one less girl with cervical cancer.” The drug is manufactured and marketed by Merck & Co. Filmmakers Ryan and David Richardson decided to make the film after their sister, Donielle Richardson, suffered an adverse reaction after receiving the vaccine. They found thousands of other cases of girls suffering serious illnesses, or who had died, after receiving the vaccine.
Their production company is named ThinkExist Productions. They have partnered with two Gardasil advocacy groups, TruthAboutGardasil.org and SANE VAX Inc., to develop the film, which will share personal stories of adverse reactions and deaths linked to the drug, and also will cover the social and political trail of deception over the global mass marketing of HPV vaccines. The film is expected to begin production this summer, with release tentatively scheduled in 2012. For more information, visit the official film website at www.onemoregirlfilm.com.
Leave a Reply
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Travis Grant Story Is A Good One
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Pollution Plagues The Water In Alabama
- New York Appeals Court Decisions May Impact Fracking Nationwide
- The Prices Of Generic Drugs Are Going Up
- John Hopkins Settles Pelvic Exam Lawsuits For $190 Million
- An Update On Boating Accidents
- There Were 10 Deaths And 123 Injured During 4th Of July Travel Period In Alabama
- Tracy Morgan Files Suit Against Wal-Mart
- OSHA Issues Safety Violations To Bridge Company
- Investigators Say Overloaded Storage Bins Caused Building Collapse
- Jury Returns $15 Million Verdict Against The Los Angeles Dodgers
- Safeguards Needed To Protect The Public Against Predatory Lenders
- It would of been nice to got a letter!!!! For my 2012 tri-glide, mine just start...
- My 2007 F150 Triton 4x4 truck has had two regulators replaced on the driver door...
- Just in case Ford ever steps up, I'm chiming in. Original Owner 2004 F150 SCrew...
- August 26, 2014 - my wife has received an August GM recall notice on her 2002 mo...
- Thanks, Tiffany Lindsay keep me posted...
- To the lawyer of this firm, something similar happen to me today while traveling...
- Ford sucks! for not recalling this issue... I am on my second replacement.
- Both my front window regulators crapped out on my 2004 f150 back in 2007. Haven...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Aug 1, 2014 14:22 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- NHTSA Finally Issues A Rear Underride Standard
- Dangers Associated With Portable Bed Handles
- A Danger in Your Home Is Hiding In Plain Sight
- Joan Claybrook Recalls Important Product Safety Issues She Dealt With As Head Of NHTSA
- GM Stops Sales Of Some Cadillacs Over Ignition Issue
Recalls Update - Aug 1, 2014 12:23 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Unique Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. Recalls All Sterile Compounded Preparations Within Their Expire Period
- Dream On Me Recalls High Chairs Due To Strangulation And Fall Hazards
- Oeuf Recalls To Repair Cribs Due To Entrapment Hazard
- Fiberglass Boom May Conduct Electricity
- Porter-Cable Fixed-Base Production Routers Recalled Due To Electrical Shock Hazard