The Firm - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 14:27 - 6 Comments
Our firm has committed financially to help a group of independent filmmakers in the creation of a documentary that would shed light on the harmful side effects of the HPV vaccine, Gardasil. Titled “One More Girl,” the documentary will share the stories of individuals and families devastated following a Gardasil injection. The vaccine, which is touted as a prevention for four types of human papillomavirus (HPV) that could cause cervical cancer, has been linked to thousands of serious adverse event reports and more than 80 deaths. Leigh O’Dell, a lawyer in our Mass Torts Section, is working on a number of cases on behalf of clients who were harmed by Gardasil. Leigh had this to say:
We believe that efforts such as this film, ‘One More Girl,’ are vital to getting the word out about the dangers of Gardasil. We are pleased to be able to support this worthwhile project and trust that many will learn about the unreasonable risks associated with Gardasil prior to having their daughters vaccinated.
The film’s title is a play on the effective Gardasil advertising campaign, “One Less,” which encouraged girls to be vaccinated so they could be “one less girl with cervical cancer.” The drug is manufactured and marketed by Merck & Co. Filmmakers Ryan and David Richardson decided to make the film after their sister, Donielle Richardson, suffered an adverse reaction after receiving the vaccine. They found thousands of other cases of girls suffering serious illnesses, or who had died, after receiving the vaccine.
Their production company is named ThinkExist Productions. They have partnered with two Gardasil advocacy groups, TruthAboutGardasil.org and SANE VAX Inc., to develop the film, which will share personal stories of adverse reactions and deaths linked to the drug, and also will cover the social and political trail of deception over the global mass marketing of HPV vaccines. The film is expected to begin production this summer, with release tentatively scheduled in 2012. For more information, visit the official film website at www.onemoregirlfilm.com.
Leave a Reply
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- MF Global Officers’ Defense Cost Already At $48 Million
- GSK Fined Record $489 Million For Bribery In China
- Bank Of America’s Mortgage Backed Securities Settlement Is The Most Consumer Friendly Deal Struck Thus Far
- Alabama Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status For $3.2 Billion Investor Lawsuit Against CVS Caremark
- U.S. Senate Confirms Jill Pryor To 11th Circuit
- Alabama Campaigns Move Slowly Towards November
- The National Scene Begins To Generate Interest
- United Kingdom’s Government Backs BP
- U.S. Chamber Sides With Foreign Oil Company Over Its Own Members
- Halliburton Reaches Settlement On Claims
- A Confirmation Of Judge Barbier’s Ruling That BP Was Grossly Negligent
- I bought my f350 from our local ford 2 years ago it had 140000 on it in the firs...
- I have worked for dollar general for 14 1/2 years. sept 29th me and my whole cre...
- I had the same ignition problem where the car would not turn off on my 2007 HHR ...
- my recall was just preformed and power steering has gone out. are these two issu...
- I would like to know if I have A case that your firm would take on. I had severe...
- If possible, I would love to join the class action law suit.
We own a 2004 F 35...
- I am wondering about this lawsuit. What the outcome is....
- You can find more information about Lipitor and its connection to Type 2 diabete...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Oct 2, 2014 13:14 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- NHTSA Looking Into Ford Fiesta Door Latch Problems
- NHTSA Looks At Chrysler Minivan Stalling Issue
- NHTSA Puts Blame on GM For Hiding Ignition Switch Defect
- Aurora Shooting Victims Sue Ammunition E-Retailers
- Children’s Clothing Should Never Be Fire Traps
Recalls Update - Oct 2, 2014 9:39 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- FDA Tells Compounder To Recall Contaminated Goods Again
- More Than 200,000 Pairs Of Children’s Sunglasses Recalled
- Cabrinha Recalls Kiteboarding Control System Due To Risk Of Injury
- iDevices Recalls Temperature Probes Due To Ingestion Hazard
- AmTRAN Video Recalls To Repair 42-Inch JVC Flat Panel Televisions