Parting Words - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 14:45 - 0 Comments
As we enter the Easter season, it’s a good time to consider the impact of Jesus’ resurrection. I don’t believe that Christ’s resurrection is that open for theological debate. But I realize there are many people who believe it’s sufficient to simply believe that Jesus lived and died. I also realize that there are others who don’t accept in any respect the truth of Jesus’ being raised from the dead.
In any event, for Christians, the Savior’s restoration to life is central to what He claimed about His identity and is central to Christianity as a faith. Many are asking what kind of man is this Jesus who rose from the dead? The answer is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who died for our sins and rose again because death had no power over Him. The resurrection of Jesus validated His entire ministry. Jesus said and did things to reveal Himself as Lord. When Jesus – the Son of God, the perfect sacrifice for sin – conquered death, He confirmed His identity. Who but the Creator could return Himself to life?
The question can also be answered by saying that the kind of man who returns from the dead is one worthy of our hope. Jesus Christ affirmed God’s power to give His followers eternal life. If our earthly existence was the end for us, it would put a totally different slant on how we lived our life. Fortunately, that’s not the case. Instead, it’s just the opening chapter of a beautiful and infinite relationship with God. So for Christians, the good news is that the best is yet to come! Apart from Jesus’ resurrection, there is no hope. Those who chase after their own versions of immortality have no assurance of life after death. That’s simply because there is none. Believers in Jesus Christ face death with the confidence that nothing can separate them from the love of God. My prayer is that the celebration of Easter has had a real meaning for each of you and your families. It’s a most significant time in the life of a Christian!
Leave a Reply
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- MF Global Officers’ Defense Cost Already At $48 Million
- GSK Fined Record $489 Million For Bribery In China
- Bank Of America’s Mortgage Backed Securities Settlement Is The Most Consumer Friendly Deal Struck Thus Far
- Alabama Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status For $3.2 Billion Investor Lawsuit Against CVS Caremark
- U.S. Senate Confirms Jill Pryor To 11th Circuit
- Alabama Campaigns Move Slowly Towards November
- The National Scene Begins To Generate Interest
- United Kingdom’s Government Backs BP
- U.S. Chamber Sides With Foreign Oil Company Over Its Own Members
- Halliburton Reaches Settlement On Claims
- A Confirmation Of Judge Barbier’s Ruling That BP Was Grossly Negligent
- I bought my f350 from our local ford 2 years ago it had 140000 on it in the firs...
- I have worked for dollar general for 14 1/2 years. sept 29th me and my whole cre...
- I had the same ignition problem where the car would not turn off on my 2007 HHR ...
- my recall was just preformed and power steering has gone out. are these two issu...
- I would like to know if I have A case that your firm would take on. I had severe...
- If possible, I would love to join the class action law suit.
We own a 2004 F 35...
- I am wondering about this lawsuit. What the outcome is....
- You can find more information about Lipitor and its connection to Type 2 diabete...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Oct 2, 2014 13:14 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- NHTSA Looking Into Ford Fiesta Door Latch Problems
- NHTSA Looks At Chrysler Minivan Stalling Issue
- NHTSA Puts Blame on GM For Hiding Ignition Switch Defect
- Aurora Shooting Victims Sue Ammunition E-Retailers
- Children’s Clothing Should Never Be Fire Traps
Recalls Update - Oct 2, 2014 9:39 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- FDA Tells Compounder To Recall Contaminated Goods Again
- More Than 200,000 Pairs Of Children’s Sunglasses Recalled
- Cabrinha Recalls Kiteboarding Control System Due To Risk Of Injury
- iDevices Recalls Temperature Probes Due To Ingestion Hazard
- AmTRAN Video Recalls To Repair 42-Inch JVC Flat Panel Televisions