Parting Words - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 14:45 - 0 Comments
As we enter the Easter season, it’s a good time to consider the impact of Jesus’ resurrection. I don’t believe that Christ’s resurrection is that open for theological debate. But I realize there are many people who believe it’s sufficient to simply believe that Jesus lived and died. I also realize that there are others who don’t accept in any respect the truth of Jesus’ being raised from the dead.
In any event, for Christians, the Savior’s restoration to life is central to what He claimed about His identity and is central to Christianity as a faith. Many are asking what kind of man is this Jesus who rose from the dead? The answer is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who died for our sins and rose again because death had no power over Him. The resurrection of Jesus validated His entire ministry. Jesus said and did things to reveal Himself as Lord. When Jesus – the Son of God, the perfect sacrifice for sin – conquered death, He confirmed His identity. Who but the Creator could return Himself to life?
The question can also be answered by saying that the kind of man who returns from the dead is one worthy of our hope. Jesus Christ affirmed God’s power to give His followers eternal life. If our earthly existence was the end for us, it would put a totally different slant on how we lived our life. Fortunately, that’s not the case. Instead, it’s just the opening chapter of a beautiful and infinite relationship with God. So for Christians, the good news is that the best is yet to come! Apart from Jesus’ resurrection, there is no hope. Those who chase after their own versions of immortality have no assurance of life after death. That’s simply because there is none. Believers in Jesus Christ face death with the confidence that nothing can separate them from the love of God. My prayer is that the celebration of Easter has had a real meaning for each of you and your families. It’s a most significant time in the life of a Christian!
Leave a Reply
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- Favorite Bible Verses
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- EPA Should Update Fracking Pollution Regulations
- Deepwater Fracking Raises Environmental Concerns
- $27.8 Million Settlement Finalized In TVA Coal Ash Spill
- Illinois Transport Company Settles Fatal Crash Suit For $2.7 Million
- Settlement For Family Of College Student Killed In Crash After Alabama National Championship Game
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- $27 Million Verdict Returned In Texas Against McDonald’s
- I have a 2005 Ford F150 crew cab. This is the third window in which window regul...
- These tires are on my 2000 Georgie Boy motorhome and have 23,000 miles on them. ...
- Attn: Art Jackson We are opposed to the hog farm being constructed on ...
- I would like to join the class action lawsuit against the Ford Motor Company reg...
- Glad to be getting closure I go into dollar general and spend 10 dollars every o...
- Was just wondering if you can still be in this lawsuit. I was a manager for 8 yr...
- I keep reading that the pratice of steering is illegal and whole-heartidly suppo...
- Hello William, thank you for your question. We are not aware of any pending liti...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Sep 4, 2014 13:13 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- More Problems With Goodyear RV Tires
- NHTSA Offers Online Vehicle Recall Check
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Mazda For Engine Valve Defect
- GM Sued For Alleged Antifreeze Defect In Chevy Cruze Models
- Settlement By Kia And Hyundai In Fuel Efficiency MDL Is Approved
Recalls Update - Sep 4, 2014 11:03 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- USDA Recalls 7.5 Tons Of Applegate Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- J&J Unit Recalls Hysterectomy Device Over Cancer Fears
- Samson International Recalls Bar Stool Due To Fall Hazard
- Bexco Recalls Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Ace Bayou Bean Bag Chairs Recalled Because Of Suffocation And Choking Hazards