Parting Words - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 14:45 - 0 Comments
As we enter the Easter season, it’s a good time to consider the impact of Jesus’ resurrection. I don’t believe that Christ’s resurrection is that open for theological debate. But I realize there are many people who believe it’s sufficient to simply believe that Jesus lived and died. I also realize that there are others who don’t accept in any respect the truth of Jesus’ being raised from the dead.
In any event, for Christians, the Savior’s restoration to life is central to what He claimed about His identity and is central to Christianity as a faith. Many are asking what kind of man is this Jesus who rose from the dead? The answer is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who died for our sins and rose again because death had no power over Him. The resurrection of Jesus validated His entire ministry. Jesus said and did things to reveal Himself as Lord. When Jesus – the Son of God, the perfect sacrifice for sin – conquered death, He confirmed His identity. Who but the Creator could return Himself to life?
The question can also be answered by saying that the kind of man who returns from the dead is one worthy of our hope. Jesus Christ affirmed God’s power to give His followers eternal life. If our earthly existence was the end for us, it would put a totally different slant on how we lived our life. Fortunately, that’s not the case. Instead, it’s just the opening chapter of a beautiful and infinite relationship with God. So for Christians, the good news is that the best is yet to come! Apart from Jesus’ resurrection, there is no hope. Those who chase after their own versions of immortality have no assurance of life after death. That’s simply because there is none. Believers in Jesus Christ face death with the confidence that nothing can separate them from the love of God. My prayer is that the celebration of Easter has had a real meaning for each of you and your families. It’s a most significant time in the life of a Christian!
Leave a Reply
- We Should Not Be Surprised By How Low BP Will Go To Get Its Way
- An Update on the ASR Hip Litigation
- 2013 Was a Banner Year for Whistleblower Cases
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Jere Beasley Report, February 2014
- An Update on the Actos Trial
- Five AndroGel Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott
- Efforts Underway to Enact Uniform Data Security Law
- Kentucky Addiction Clinic Settles False Claims Act Allegations for $15.75 Million
- GM Knew Of Cobalt Ignition Problem
- BP Oil Spill Medical Settlement Moves Forward
- Parting Words
- Monthly Reminders
- A Message From Dr. Sidney M. Wolfe For The American People
- Museum Of Alabama Has Its Grand Opening
- A Big Win In Daytona
- the machine was not the cause . th cause is the consumer not reading the manual ...
- ... Sorry, TYPO! 'NOW," as of March 4, 2014, I am not hearing a knocking undern...
- I purchased a 2010 HHR in September of 2011 in order to transport my elderly par...
- KEITH COOK THESE NEW CARS DON'T HAVE POWER STEERING FLUID ITS DONE BY COMPUTER...
- YES i OWN A 2009 HHR YES THE KEY GOT STUCK THEY SAID IT WAS A BATTER IN THE K...
- I just got a call from my wife and our 2007 HHR has had the "Power Steering" pro...
- As a long-time general practice lawyer who constantly tries to educate the publ...
- how do I get this money...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Mar 5, 2014 9:02 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Seatbelts For Buses Have Been Recommended For Decades
- Aggressive Airbag Inflation Can Cause Injury And Death
- If You Want To Update Your Car – There Will Be An App For That!
- Electronic Power Steering Failures In Toyota Cars
- Final Order Issued In $1.15 Billion California Lead Paint Case
Recalls Update - Mar 5, 2014 11:07 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Company Recalls 8.7 Million Pounds Of Meat
- Runway Global Recalls Girls’ Sugarfly Hooded Jackets
- Lion Force Recalls Boys’ Puffer Coats Due To Strangulation Hazard
- BebeLove Recalls Baby Walkers Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Agila Specialties Private Limited Recalls 10 Lots Of Etomidate Injection 2 mg/mL – 10 mL And 20 mL