Parting Words - Written by Beasley Allen on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 14:45 - 0 Comments
As we enter the Easter season, it’s a good time to consider the impact of Jesus’ resurrection. I don’t believe that Christ’s resurrection is that open for theological debate. But I realize there are many people who believe it’s sufficient to simply believe that Jesus lived and died. I also realize that there are others who don’t accept in any respect the truth of Jesus’ being raised from the dead.
In any event, for Christians, the Savior’s restoration to life is central to what He claimed about His identity and is central to Christianity as a faith. Many are asking what kind of man is this Jesus who rose from the dead? The answer is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who died for our sins and rose again because death had no power over Him. The resurrection of Jesus validated His entire ministry. Jesus said and did things to reveal Himself as Lord. When Jesus – the Son of God, the perfect sacrifice for sin – conquered death, He confirmed His identity. Who but the Creator could return Himself to life?
The question can also be answered by saying that the kind of man who returns from the dead is one worthy of our hope. Jesus Christ affirmed God’s power to give His followers eternal life. If our earthly existence was the end for us, it would put a totally different slant on how we lived our life. Fortunately, that’s not the case. Instead, it’s just the opening chapter of a beautiful and infinite relationship with God. So for Christians, the good news is that the best is yet to come! Apart from Jesus’ resurrection, there is no hope. Those who chase after their own versions of immortality have no assurance of life after death. That’s simply because there is none. Believers in Jesus Christ face death with the confidence that nothing can separate them from the love of God. My prayer is that the celebration of Easter has had a real meaning for each of you and your families. It’s a most significant time in the life of a Christian!
Leave a Reply
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Travis Grant Story Is A Good One
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Pollution Plagues The Water In Alabama
- New York Appeals Court Decisions May Impact Fracking Nationwide
- The Prices Of Generic Drugs Are Going Up
- John Hopkins Settles Pelvic Exam Lawsuits For $190 Million
- An Update On Boating Accidents
- There Were 10 Deaths And 123 Injured During 4th Of July Travel Period In Alabama
- Tracy Morgan Files Suit Against Wal-Mart
- OSHA Issues Safety Violations To Bridge Company
- Investigators Say Overloaded Storage Bins Caused Building Collapse
- Jury Returns $15 Million Verdict Against The Los Angeles Dodgers
- Safeguards Needed To Protect The Public Against Predatory Lenders
- My 2007 F150 Triton 4x4 truck has had two regulators replaced on the driver door...
- Just in case Ford ever steps up, I'm chiming in. Original Owner 2004 F150 SCrew...
- August 26, 2014 - my wife has received an August GM recall notice on her 2002 mo...
- Thanks, Tiffany Lindsay keep me posted...
- To the lawyer of this firm, something similar happen to me today while traveling...
- Ford sucks! for not recalling this issue... I am on my second replacement.
- Both my front window regulators crapped out on my 2004 f150 back in 2007. Haven...
- I would like to join this lawsuit, I was a manager for 3+ years. I worked many ...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Aug 1, 2014 14:22 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- NHTSA Finally Issues A Rear Underride Standard
- Dangers Associated With Portable Bed Handles
- A Danger in Your Home Is Hiding In Plain Sight
- Joan Claybrook Recalls Important Product Safety Issues She Dealt With As Head Of NHTSA
- GM Stops Sales Of Some Cadillacs Over Ignition Issue
Recalls Update - Aug 1, 2014 12:23 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Unique Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. Recalls All Sterile Compounded Preparations Within Their Expire Period
- Dream On Me Recalls High Chairs Due To Strangulation And Fall Hazards
- Oeuf Recalls To Repair Cribs Due To Entrapment Hazard
- Fiberglass Boom May Conduct Electricity
- Porter-Cable Fixed-Base Production Routers Recalled Due To Electrical Shock Hazard