Gulf Coast Disaster - Written by Beasley Allen on Friday, June 4, 2010 9:31 - 0 Comments
Experts are calling the Gulf oil spill the worst environmental crisis in this country in recent memory and perhaps ever. It clearly appears this one will eclipse the Exxon Valdez disaster. The economic impact will also be greater than that caused by hurricane Katrina. The massive oil spill will certainly negatively affect the entire Gulf coastline and will actually affect folks further inland. This includes a negative economic impact on thousands who earn their livelihood in the seafood industry, as well as in tourism in the area, itself a major industry along the Gulf Coast. Without a doubt, the environmental impact will be severe, with oil and byproducts damaging fragile marshlands, marine and bird life. The coastal states have never experienced anything like this disaster.
Our firm is representing a number of clients who have been hurt and damaged in the Gulf Coast states in the BP oil spill litigation. We have filed a number of class action lawsuits against BP, plc; BP Products North America Inc., BP America Inc., Transocean Ltd., Transocean Offshore Deepwater Inc., Halliburton Energy Services Inc., and Cameron International Corporation. All of these companies are responsible for the tragic occurrence and will have to account for their wrongdoing.
We are representing individuals and businesses that have incurred damages caused by the disaster. The losses will cover a very wide range, including real property damages, personal property damages, loss of profits and earning capacity, loss of commercial and subsistence use of natural resources, increased costs of public services and loss of revenues. The cases filed so far are in federal courts in Alabama, Louisiana and Texas. By the time this issue is received cases will have been filed in Florida and Mississippi.
Our concerns for the people along the Gulf Coast continue to grow as we monitor this situation and oil continues to spill into the Gulf. The situation is especially distressing in Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida, where so many people depend on the waters for their livelihood. Texas citizens will also be adversely affected if the oil gets that far and it appears that it will. Our firm has been in extensive litigation with the powerful oil industry in the past and we know first-hand companies like BP can’t always be trusted to do the right thing.
Our firm has an experienced Toxic Tort section that includes lawyers and staff who have handled numerous cases involving environmental disasters. Protection of people, their property, and their livelihood from large corporate polluters has been one of our firm’s top priorities. Our lawyers are fighting to make a difference in the lives of those threatened by environmental pollution. We currently are handling class action litigation against the Tennessee Valley Authority in the largest coal ash spill in U.S. history. From the largest toxic tort settlement in U.S. history for PCB contamination – $700 million – to a $20.7 million verdict against Continental Carbon for air pollution, our firm is playing a significant role in toxic tort cases. This experience will help our lawyers in the BP litigation.
Leave a Reply
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- Favorite Bible Verses
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- EPA Should Update Fracking Pollution Regulations
- Deepwater Fracking Raises Environmental Concerns
- $27.8 Million Settlement Finalized In TVA Coal Ash Spill
- Illinois Transport Company Settles Fatal Crash Suit For $2.7 Million
- Settlement For Family Of College Student Killed In Crash After Alabama National Championship Game
- Macy’s Fined $1 Million For Decapitation Of Warehouse Employee
- Texas Plastics Plant Fined $174,000 For Safety And Health Violations
- OSHA Says Safety Violation Continue At Oklahoma Oil Refinery
- Company Cited In Fatal West Virginia Cell Tower Collapse
- New Safety Directive Issued By OSHA On Communication Tower Work
- $27 Million Verdict Returned In Texas Against McDonald’s
- I keep reading that the pratice of steering is illegal and whole-heartidly suppo...
- Hello William, thank you for your question. We are not aware of any pending liti...
- Has litigation commenced as a result of this recall?...
- Sorry I meant to say settlement papers, but I did speak to someone in the Lawyer...
- I just spoke to someone and was told it will be another month or two before I wi...
- 2005 F150 super cab. Driver side regulator just broke. Dealer wants $200 just fo...
- Today, the 4th window failed in my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew - I bought it new and th...
- I own a 2007 Chevy HHR . Gauges have been going hey wire for about for about 5 m...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Sep 4, 2014 13:13 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- More Problems With Goodyear RV Tires
- NHTSA Offers Online Vehicle Recall Check
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Mazda For Engine Valve Defect
- GM Sued For Alleged Antifreeze Defect In Chevy Cruze Models
- Settlement By Kia And Hyundai In Fuel Efficiency MDL Is Approved
Recalls Update - Sep 4, 2014 11:03 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- USDA Recalls 7.5 Tons Of Applegate Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- J&J Unit Recalls Hysterectomy Device Over Cancer Fears
- Samson International Recalls Bar Stool Due To Fall Hazard
- Bexco Recalls Franklin & Ben Mason 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Ace Bayou Bean Bag Chairs Recalled Because Of Suffocation And Choking Hazards