Featured, The National Scene - Friday, June 26, 2009 13:49 - 0 Comments
An interesting editorial appeared in Forbes on May 11th and it sort of put things in perspective relating to federal regulation of Corporate America and how the U.S. legal system factors in. Since it’s both fair and objective – and also very interesting – I am setting the editorial out in its entirety below.
NEEDED: TORT LAWYERS
Campylobacter, escherichia, salmonella, listeria–it’s very dangerous to put things in your mouth. Foodborne illness sickens 76 million Americans a year, kills 5,000 and runs up $3 billion in hospital costs. What’s the answer to this epidemic? One possible solution is more government and more laws. Those familiar with the proclivities of this magazine will not be surprised that I take a dim view of this solution (and, in particular, of the proposed Food Safety Modernization Act, which would bury food preparers in paperwork). No, I would prefer to have the same government and the same laws, but–here’s the surprise–more tort lawyers. Continue…
- Todd Wall
- Lawsuits filed over KBR burn pits
- IIHS research on child seats is revealing
- Parting words
- A special word from one of our lawyers
- Favorite Bible verses
- Honor Flight program assists WWII Veterans
- More on LawCall
- Wendi Lewis attends Mesothelioma Symposium in nation’s Capitol
- Case-specific web sites bring attention to important issues
- Chicago is first city to ban BPA baby bottles
- Government orders warning label for Botox
- 15-passenger vans are very dangerous
- W.R. Grace and three executives acquitted in asbestos case
- Modesto awarded $18 million in groundwater lawsuit
- Chevron USA accused of hiding massive asphalt oil spill in Alabama
- U.S. Supreme Court limits liability over toxic spill cases
- EPA restores stricter reporting of toxic pollution
- Update in hot fuel litigation
- Favorite Bible Verses
- U.S. Supreme Court Denies Preemption Petition In Reglan Cases
- Fiat Chrysler Hit With Record $105 Million Fine by NHTSA
- Judge Denies Trinity's Request for a New Trial
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Energy Drinks And Powdered Caffeine Can Be Very Dangerous
- Benzene Causes Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Trial Judge Upholds The $55 Million Seat Belt Defect Verdict Against Honda
- Buyers Must Beware When Buying Chinese Tires
- A Settlement Reached With General Motors In Dallas County, Alabama
- Jurors Find In Favor Of A Couple In Their Blood Bank That Supplied HIV-Tainted Blood To Hospital For Blood Transfusion
- Verdict Returned Against Volkswagen And Honeywell In Georgia Court
- Hospice Facility And Its Manager/Majority Owner Will Pay $4.86 Million To Resolve Continuous Home Care Hospice Fraud Allegations
- Florida Dentist Accused Of Using Children In Medicaid Fraud Scheme
- U.S. Recovers $115 Million In Whistleblower Fraud Cases Against Adventist Healthcare
- BASF Took On Here Liabilities From Engelhard Corp.
- Correction, it's now October 9, 2015...
- I remember the Black Carbon situation and yes we were settled with and was told ...
- Yesterday, I received a check (almost $10,000.00) out of the settlement from the...
- Hello Leigh,
I hope you are doing well. I am trying to get in touch with you. ...
- We own a 2006 250 diesel. Have taken to a ford dealer for the third time to co...
- Plz away least hear my plea. I am at my wits and feel no one wants to help. Thre...
- I was having some chimney flashing repaired today...the person doing the repair ...
- my toyota corolla ce 2004 model power steering is stiff when the engine is idle ...