Featured, The National Scene - Friday, June 26, 2009 13:49 - 0 Comments
An interesting editorial appeared in Forbes on May 11th and it sort of put things in perspective relating to federal regulation of Corporate America and how the U.S. legal system factors in. Since it’s both fair and objective – and also very interesting – I am setting the editorial out in its entirety below.
NEEDED: TORT LAWYERS
Campylobacter, escherichia, salmonella, listeria–it’s very dangerous to put things in your mouth. Foodborne illness sickens 76 million Americans a year, kills 5,000 and runs up $3 billion in hospital costs. What’s the answer to this epidemic? One possible solution is more government and more laws. Those familiar with the proclivities of this magazine will not be surprised that I take a dim view of this solution (and, in particular, of the proposed Food Safety Modernization Act, which would bury food preparers in paperwork). No, I would prefer to have the same government and the same laws, but–here’s the surprise–more tort lawyers. Continue…
- Todd Wall
- Lawsuits filed over KBR burn pits
- IIHS research on child seats is revealing
- Parting words
- A special word from one of our lawyers
- Favorite Bible verses
- Honor Flight program assists WWII Veterans
- More on LawCall
- Wendi Lewis attends Mesothelioma Symposium in nation’s Capitol
- Case-specific web sites bring attention to important issues
- Chicago is first city to ban BPA baby bottles
- Government orders warning label for Botox
- 15-passenger vans are very dangerous
- W.R. Grace and three executives acquitted in asbestos case
- Modesto awarded $18 million in groundwater lawsuit
- Chevron USA accused of hiding massive asphalt oil spill in Alabama
- U.S. Supreme Court limits liability over toxic spill cases
- EPA restores stricter reporting of toxic pollution
- Update in hot fuel litigation
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- MF Global Officers’ Defense Cost Already At $48 Million
- GSK Fined Record $489 Million For Bribery In China
- Bank Of America’s Mortgage Backed Securities Settlement Is The Most Consumer Friendly Deal Struck Thus Far
- Alabama Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status For $3.2 Billion Investor Lawsuit Against CVS Caremark
- U.S. Senate Confirms Jill Pryor To 11th Circuit
- Alabama Campaigns Move Slowly Towards November
- The National Scene Begins To Generate Interest
- United Kingdom’s Government Backs BP
- U.S. Chamber Sides With Foreign Oil Company Over Its Own Members
- Halliburton Reaches Settlement On Claims
- A Confirmation Of Judge Barbier’s Ruling That BP Was Grossly Negligent
- So what is happening on this was it corrected because my husband is also on this...
- J P Morgan / Chase wasted days of my time arguing about flood insurance on my lo...
- My husband contracted polio from the vaccine around 1962. He was left with left ...
- I bought my f350 from our local ford 2 years ago it had 140000 on it in the firs...
- I have worked for dollar general for 14 1/2 years. sept 29th me and my whole cre...
- I had the same ignition problem where the car would not turn off on my 2007 HHR ...
- my recall was just preformed and power steering has gone out. are these two issu...
- I would like to know if I have A case that your firm would take on. I had severe...