Featured, The National Scene - Friday, June 26, 2009 13:49 - 0 Comments
An interesting editorial appeared in Forbes on May 11th and it sort of put things in perspective relating to federal regulation of Corporate America and how the U.S. legal system factors in. Since it’s both fair and objective – and also very interesting – I am setting the editorial out in its entirety below.
NEEDED: TORT LAWYERS
Campylobacter, escherichia, salmonella, listeria–it’s very dangerous to put things in your mouth. Foodborne illness sickens 76 million Americans a year, kills 5,000 and runs up $3 billion in hospital costs. What’s the answer to this epidemic? One possible solution is more government and more laws. Those familiar with the proclivities of this magazine will not be surprised that I take a dim view of this solution (and, in particular, of the proposed Food Safety Modernization Act, which would bury food preparers in paperwork). No, I would prefer to have the same government and the same laws, but–here’s the surprise–more tort lawyers. Continue…
- Todd Wall
- Lawsuits filed over KBR burn pits
- IIHS research on child seats is revealing
- Parting words
- A special word from one of our lawyers
- Favorite Bible verses
- Honor Flight program assists WWII Veterans
- More on LawCall
- Wendi Lewis attends Mesothelioma Symposium in nation’s Capitol
- Case-specific web sites bring attention to important issues
- Chicago is first city to ban BPA baby bottles
- Government orders warning label for Botox
- 15-passenger vans are very dangerous
- W.R. Grace and three executives acquitted in asbestos case
- Modesto awarded $18 million in groundwater lawsuit
- Chevron USA accused of hiding massive asphalt oil spill in Alabama
- U.S. Supreme Court limits liability over toxic spill cases
- EPA restores stricter reporting of toxic pollution
- Update in hot fuel litigation
- We Should Not Be Surprised By How Low BP Will Go To Get Its Way
- An Update on the ASR Hip Litigation
- 2013 Was a Banner Year for Whistleblower Cases
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Jere Beasley Report, February 2014
- An Update on the Actos Trial
- Five AndroGel Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott
- Efforts Underway to Enact Uniform Data Security Law
- Kentucky Addiction Clinic Settles False Claims Act Allegations for $15.75 Million
- GM Knew Of Cobalt Ignition Problem
- BP Oil Spill Medical Settlement Moves Forward
- Parting Words
- Monthly Reminders
- A Message From Dr. Sidney M. Wolfe For The American People
- Museum Of Alabama Has Its Grand Opening
- A Big Win In Daytona
- the machine was not the cause . th cause is the consumer not reading the manual ...
- ... Sorry, TYPO! 'NOW," as of March 4, 2014, I am not hearing a knocking undern...
- I purchased a 2010 HHR in September of 2011 in order to transport my elderly par...
- KEITH COOK THESE NEW CARS DON'T HAVE POWER STEERING FLUID ITS DONE BY COMPUTER...
- YES i OWN A 2009 HHR YES THE KEY GOT STUCK THEY SAID IT WAS A BATTER IN THE K...
- I just got a call from my wife and our 2007 HHR has had the "Power Steering" pro...
- As a long-time general practice lawyer who constantly tries to educate the publ...
- how do I get this money...