Featured, The National Scene - Friday, June 26, 2009 13:49 - 0 Comments
An interesting editorial appeared in Forbes on May 11th and it sort of put things in perspective relating to federal regulation of Corporate America and how the U.S. legal system factors in. Since it’s both fair and objective – and also very interesting – I am setting the editorial out in its entirety below.
NEEDED: TORT LAWYERS
Campylobacter, escherichia, salmonella, listeria–it’s very dangerous to put things in your mouth. Foodborne illness sickens 76 million Americans a year, kills 5,000 and runs up $3 billion in hospital costs. What’s the answer to this epidemic? One possible solution is more government and more laws. Those familiar with the proclivities of this magazine will not be surprised that I take a dim view of this solution (and, in particular, of the proposed Food Safety Modernization Act, which would bury food preparers in paperwork). No, I would prefer to have the same government and the same laws, but–here’s the surprise–more tort lawyers. Continue…
- Todd Wall
- Lawsuits filed over KBR burn pits
- IIHS research on child seats is revealing
- Parting words
- A special word from one of our lawyers
- Favorite Bible verses
- Honor Flight program assists WWII Veterans
- More on LawCall
- Wendi Lewis attends Mesothelioma Symposium in nation’s Capitol
- Case-specific web sites bring attention to important issues
- Chicago is first city to ban BPA baby bottles
- Government orders warning label for Botox
- 15-passenger vans are very dangerous
- W.R. Grace and three executives acquitted in asbestos case
- Modesto awarded $18 million in groundwater lawsuit
- Chevron USA accused of hiding massive asphalt oil spill in Alabama
- U.S. Supreme Court limits liability over toxic spill cases
- EPA restores stricter reporting of toxic pollution
- Update in hot fuel litigation
- JPMorgan And Assurant Settle Force-Placed Insurance Claims For $300 Million
- Toyota Sudden Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Ends In Landmark Verdict
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Beasley Allen Legal Conference & Expo Set For November 21-22
- An Update on the BP Business Economic Loss Claims
- Parting Words
- Some Monthly Reminders
- Closing Observations
- Flynn Mozingo Receives Pro Bono Award
- Alabama Veteran Awarded Congressional Gold Medal
- Beasley Allen Provides Help For The Holidays
- More Than 2,000 Lawyers Pre-Registered For Seventh Annual Legal Conference In Montgomery
- Little Willy’s Recalls Hooded Sweatshirts Due To Strangulation Hazard
- American Boy And Girl Recalls Infant Sandals Due To Choking Hazard
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled By Babycottons
- L.L. Bean Girl’s Pajamas Recalled
- Look forward to the next update....
- I experience some of the same problems with Flagstar, how do we get a class acti...
- Ford 2005 F-150 Regulator Failure - My regulator failed on the passenger side fr...
- I LOST BOTH OF MY LITTLE DOGS, ONLY THING IVE' CHANGED WAS BUYING SOME JERKY TRE...
- JUST RECEIVED A NEW POLOCY, THE OTHER'S ALSO INCLUDED WERE OVER 1900 PER YEAR, "...
- I HAVE EMAILED EVERYONE GOVERNMENTWIE FOR HELP. SOME RESPOND. FIRST TIME AND CU...
- my name above, my address is 100 Maywood Avenue, Sinking Spring, PA 19608. i W...
- My ex wife had my son 4 year on Pulmicort for about 4-5 months I mention to her ...