Featured, The National Scene - Friday, June 26, 2009 13:49 - 0 Comments
An interesting editorial appeared in Forbes on May 11th and it sort of put things in perspective relating to federal regulation of Corporate America and how the U.S. legal system factors in. Since it’s both fair and objective – and also very interesting – I am setting the editorial out in its entirety below.
NEEDED: TORT LAWYERS
Campylobacter, escherichia, salmonella, listeria–it’s very dangerous to put things in your mouth. Foodborne illness sickens 76 million Americans a year, kills 5,000 and runs up $3 billion in hospital costs. What’s the answer to this epidemic? One possible solution is more government and more laws. Those familiar with the proclivities of this magazine will not be surprised that I take a dim view of this solution (and, in particular, of the proposed Food Safety Modernization Act, which would bury food preparers in paperwork). No, I would prefer to have the same government and the same laws, but–here’s the surprise–more tort lawyers. Continue…
- Todd Wall
- Lawsuits filed over KBR burn pits
- IIHS research on child seats is revealing
- Parting words
- A special word from one of our lawyers
- Favorite Bible verses
- Honor Flight program assists WWII Veterans
- More on LawCall
- Wendi Lewis attends Mesothelioma Symposium in nation’s Capitol
- Case-specific web sites bring attention to important issues
- Chicago is first city to ban BPA baby bottles
- Government orders warning label for Botox
- 15-passenger vans are very dangerous
- W.R. Grace and three executives acquitted in asbestos case
- Modesto awarded $18 million in groundwater lawsuit
- Chevron USA accused of hiding massive asphalt oil spill in Alabama
- U.S. Supreme Court limits liability over toxic spill cases
- EPA restores stricter reporting of toxic pollution
- Update in hot fuel litigation
- Deepwater Horizon Economic Settlement Program Trying to Make Up for Lost Time
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Kiddie Korral Recalls Girls Hoodies With Ponies
- Giggles International Recalls Animated Monkey Toy
- Schneider Electric Recalls PowerPact J-Frame Circuit Breakers
- Wegmans Food Markets Recalls Moody Face Stress Balls
- Dream On Me Recalls Incredible Play Yards
- GCI Outdoor Recalls To Repair Stadium Seats
- Horizon Hobby Recalls HobbyZone Super Cub S Radio-Controlled Aircraft
- Lenovo Recalls Computer Power Cords
- Daikin Recall Air Purifiers Due To Fire Hazard
- Bicycle Helmets Recalled By UVEX Sports Due To Risk Of Head Injury
- Salsa Cycles Recalls Bicycle Forks Due To Risk Of Fall Hazard
- i need some money...
- I have been working with Wells Fargo modification for 3 years. I completed trial...
- I don't know who you are. I can tell how frustrated you are. Check this out I wi...
- I understand everyone that lost loved ones during the event at the movies but, e...
- Both low an high beams will go out when i use them. Very danagerous as sometimes...
- Have 2005 6.0 diesel Ford 350 dually. Have had all the problems. Under 40 thousa...
- Has Lawsuit been settled or is it still ongoing? How do you opt into the lawsuit...
- I have had hpop oil pump,oil cooler,egr cooler, 3 sets of injectors, total bs , ...