A pharmacy in DeKalb County, Georgia gave the wrong prescription directions for a little girl, causing her to overdose and get sick. Now the parents want to make sure it doesn’t happen to your child. Helen Vickers went to a CVS store to fill a prescription for antibiotics for her daughter. When Mrs. Vickers picked up the prescription from the store, she thought it seemed like a large dose of medicine for a little girl. But it was written on the prescription that it was the proper dose. So she believed the dosage was correct as described.
Mrs. Vickers realized a big mistake was made when she refilled the bottle two days later and the directions were different. The child had taken nearly five times the dose she was supposed to receive. Instead of the correct dose of three-and-a-half milliliters, the first prescription told them to give the child three teaspoons of Azithromycin. The little girl had symptoms that included itchy, watery eyes, sleepiness, and droopy eyelids.
Azithromycin overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach discomfort. The parents of this child say they want to see changes made in the way doctors and pharmacies handle prescriptions. They hope to save other people from the scare they had to endure.
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.