Nursing Home Update - Written by Jere Beasley on Wednesday, July 1, 2009 11:34 - 0 Comments
A jury in Virginia has awarded $750,000 in damages against an assisted living facility located in Newport News. A former staffer had been accused of sexually assaulting a mentally disabled resident. The verdict came in a lawsuit filed against Cote De Neige Home for Adults and its owner by the sister of a 55-year-old man who was a resident at the facility.
The staffer is accused of sexually assaulting the man while working at the home as a certified nursing assistant. He is charged with forcible sodomy, carnal knowledge and abuse and neglect. According to the lawsuit, the home and owner failed to exercise “reasonable care” when they hired the staff member who had a previous criminal record.
Source: Associated Press
Leave a Reply
- The Selma March
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- Cosco Recalls Convertible Hand Trucks Due To Injury Hazard
- Publix Reaches $30 Million Settlement With Employees In Overtime Location
- Class Action Sought For Toyota's Electric Power Steering Defect
- The Melton Case Settles
- Is Jeep's Fire Hazard Equivalent to GM's Ignition Switch Defect?
- A $24 Million Verdict in an Alabama Balcony Collapse Case
- Payday Loans Are Defective Products That Injury Our Most Vulnerable Citizens
- The Consumer Fraud And Commercial Litigation Section
- Questcor Pays $38 Million To Settle Securities Class Action
- Olympus To Pay Investors $92 Million In Fraud Case
- The Supreme Court Tackles Opinions, Facts, And Omissions
- AT&T To Pay $25 Million To Settle FCC Data Breach Claims
- Hitachi To Pay $47 Million To Settle Some Claims In Antitrust MDL
- Beasley Allen Lawyer Gibson Vance Named To PSC For Community Health Systems Data Breach Litigation
- Class Action Suit Filed Over Arsenic Content In Wines
- Nissan Faces Class Action Over Rust-Prone Floorboards
- Class Suit Filed Against Hyundai Over Sonata Engines Alleged To Be Defective
- Hello I recently received my claim form and the website was not related to claim...
- I just received my Publix check in the mail. Should I cash it or pursue for more...
- Just before you go seeking antiques for you older motor vehicle you should do yo...
- Automobile Parts: Exactly how Do I Locate The Unusual Ones?...
- I received notes in the mail on GAF timberline shingles being defective so wi...
- I have a 2005 F-150 which I purchased new in 2005. In 2012 the drivers side wind...
- I bought a 2003 Ford F-350 6.0 diesel in 2013 from a diesel mechanic that used t...
- The Amarillo Texas Smelter which operated from 1899 to current as a refinery has...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Personal Injury, Product Liability - May 4, 2015 8:35 - 0 Comments
Wrongful Death Case Involving a Defective Ford Explorer, Firestone Tire Settled by Beasley Allen Lawyers
More In Product Liability
- Honda Adds 105,000 Vehicles To Its U.S. Recall
- The Takata Airbag Saga Continues To Expand
- Ford Recalls 221,000 Police Vehicles, Ambulances And Hearses
- Kia Recalls 209,000 Soul Vehicles For Accelerator Defect
- NHTSA Investigates Nissan Air Bag Fix As Complaints Increase
Recalls Update - May 5, 2015 8:14 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Blue Bell Creameries Issues Recalls Of All Products
- Beech-Nut Nutrition Issues Baby Food Recall Nationwide After Glass Found In Jar
- 1.5 Million Bottles Of Mislabeled Mucinex Recalled
- Roberta Roller Rabbit Recalls Children’s Pajama Sets
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled By Smooth Industries Due To Violation Of Federal Flammability Standard