A jury in McLean County, Illinois, has awarded $2.6 million to relatives of a woman who died as a result of an asbestos-related ailment. Jean Holmes died in April 2006 of mesothelioma. Ms. Holmes was exposed to asbestos when she laundered clothing belonging to her husband, who worked at Bloomington’s Union Asbestos and Rubber Company during the 1960s. The Holmes’ family contended that she was never warned of the dangers of asbestos. It was alleged that defendants Pneumo Abex LLC and Honeywell International Inc., through their corporate predecessors, conspired with other companies to suppress information about the hazards of asbestos.
It is tragic that people are suffering and will continue to suffer because companies chose to make a conscious decision to expose people to asbestos. Mike Andrews handles mesothelioma cases for our firm. Mesothelioma is a deadly form of cancer that is caused by previous exposure to asbestos. If you would like more information or have any questions about asbestos exposure, you can contact Mike at 800-898-2034 or by email at Mike.Andrews@beasleyallen.com.
Source: Chicago Tribune
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.