In another tragic and inexcusable occurrence, a third U.S. service member has been determined to have been electrocuted in a shower in Iraq. Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class David A. Cedergren, died on September 11, 2004, while showering. Sadly, his family was told that he died of natural causes. Late last year, the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology changed the manner of the sailor’s death to “accidental,” caused by electrocution and inflammation of the heart. A Naval Criminal Investigative Service spokesman told the Associated Press his agency is investigating the matter. Cedergren’s death is also part of a review by the Pentagon’s Inspector General. More will be written on this matter as information is uncovered.
Source: Associated Press
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.