Lots of folks believe that the national media are totally controlled by special interests and that the news reporting is always slanted. Some believe the media owners favor Democrats while others believe they favor Republicans. Regardless of which group is right, I do know that we don’t always get the whole story from the media in reporting the news. Incidentally, I don’t include most talk show hosts as legitimate members of the media. These folks always have an agenda. Looking back over the past year, I wonder if you have read or heard any of the following:
• 60% of U. S. corporations pay no income tax at all.
• The four Wal-Mart heirs have a net worth in excess of $62 billion.
• 60% of the processed foods in U. S. supermarkets are genetically engineered – but have not been proven to be safe.
• 61% of the subprime mortgage borrowers were actually eligible for regular loans with much lower interest rates and other fees and charges.
• A farm-raised salmon doesn’t get pink –it is grey – until the fish is fed a chemical pigment.
• Sea levels will rise dramatically – putting major U. S. cities like New York City partially underwater – if scientists are correct on global warming forecasts.
• Halliburton built at U.S. taxpayers’ expense 14 permanent military bases in Iraq.
• The U.S. has built one of the most expensive embassies in the world in Iraq.
You might want to Google these items to see how many times a story appeared in the national media that mentioned anything at all about these matters of interest and of concern. I’m reasonably sure many of you could add much more to the list.
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.