Two nursing home workers have been charged in the September 2007 death of a longtime resident of a Clinton, Arkansas, nursing home. Staffers forgot to plug an oxygen line for the female resident into a wall spigot, instead letting her breath away all the oxygen in a small portable tank. By the time a worker found the resident, her extremities were turning cold and her hands were blue from a lack of oxygen. The worker told the nursing director about the problem, but both failed to tell her doctor and family that her condition resulted from the lack of oxygen. By withholding that information, both contributed to the death of the resident. The worker faces a manslaughter charge, while the nursing director faces an elder neglect charge.
Source: Associated Press
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.