The U.S. Chemical Safety Board is blaming a fatal explosion at a West Virginia convenience store on a propane tank being located too close to the store building. Four people were killed and 6 more injured in the blast that happened in 2007. The investigators also found that there was too little training for the propane company’s technicians and for emergency crews. The board’s preliminary report says the 500-gallon tank was located next to the back wall of the store which violated the 10-foot rule. The escaping gas filled the store before exploding.
Source: Associated Press
Contact us today for a free legal consultation with an experienced attorney.
Fields marked *may be required for submission.
If you would like to subscribe to the Jere Beasley Report digital edition, simply visit our Subscriptions page and provide the necessary information or call us at 800-898-2034.
Attorney Advertising - Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.