Special Recognitions - Written by Jere Beasley on Friday, August 8, 2008 13:01 - 0 Comments
This year one of our lawyers, John Tomlinson, had the pleasure of serving on the Jimmy Hitchcock Award selection committee. The purpose of the Jimmy Hitchcock Award is to recognize outstanding high school senior athletes in Montgomery County, who by their actions have consistently represented the highest ideals of Christian leadership in athletics. These student athletes are nominated by their coaches and the administrators of their respective schools.
This year, John and a fellow selection committee member, Billy Cox of Montgomery, were charged with the responsibility of learning about Clark Hankins, a soccer, basketball and football star at Saint James High School. They discovered a tremendous young man who provides a great example of leadership, character, sportsmanship, commitment, and hard work on the athletic field as well as in the classroom. Clark is also a tremendous Christian role model for his peers and for the community.
This year the Jimmy Hitchcock committee recognized Clark as its male recipient. Clark was an All-Star soccer player and a Team Captain in soccer, basketball, and football, as well as the team academic excellence winner in football. Clark was a Senior Peer Leader at Saint James High School and participated in several Christian youth groups in the Montgomery area, including Montgomery Young Life, Campaigners, and Wyldlife, a ministry for junior high students. Clark will attend the College of Charleston, where he received a soccer scholarship. We wish Clark the very best in the future and know that he will continue to be a success and be a Christian role model wherever he goes. There are always many outstanding young people nominated for this award. They are all winners. I am glad that this committee finds time to recognize outstanding Christian leaders in our schools.
Leave a Reply
- We Should Not Be Surprised By How Low BP Will Go To Get Its Way
- An Update on the ASR Hip Litigation
- 2013 Was a Banner Year for Whistleblower Cases
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Jere Beasley Report, February 2014
- An Update on the Actos Trial
- Five AndroGel Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott
- Efforts Underway to Enact Uniform Data Security Law
- Kentucky Addiction Clinic Settles False Claims Act Allegations for $15.75 Million
- GM Knew Of Cobalt Ignition Problem
- BP Oil Spill Medical Settlement Moves Forward
- Parting Words
- Monthly Reminders
- A Message From Dr. Sidney M. Wolfe For The American People
- Museum Of Alabama Has Its Grand Opening
- A Big Win In Daytona
- Please check out our GM Recall Survivors page on Facebook....
- the machine was not the cause . th cause is the consumer not reading the manual ...
- ... Sorry, TYPO! 'NOW," as of March 4, 2014, I am not hearing a knocking undern...
- I purchased a 2010 HHR in September of 2011 in order to transport my elderly par...
- KEITH COOK THESE NEW CARS DON'T HAVE POWER STEERING FLUID ITS DONE BY COMPUTER...
- YES i OWN A 2009 HHR YES THE KEY GOT STUCK THEY SAID IT WAS A BATTER IN THE K...
- I just got a call from my wife and our 2007 HHR has had the "Power Steering" pro...
- As a long-time general practice lawyer who constantly tries to educate the publ...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Mar 5, 2014 9:02 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Seatbelts For Buses Have Been Recommended For Decades
- Aggressive Airbag Inflation Can Cause Injury And Death
- If You Want To Update Your Car – There Will Be An App For That!
- Electronic Power Steering Failures In Toyota Cars
- Final Order Issued In $1.15 Billion California Lead Paint Case
Recalls Update - Mar 5, 2014 11:07 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Company Recalls 8.7 Million Pounds Of Meat
- Runway Global Recalls Girls’ Sugarfly Hooded Jackets
- Lion Force Recalls Boys’ Puffer Coats Due To Strangulation Hazard
- BebeLove Recalls Baby Walkers Due To Fall And Entrapment Hazards
- Agila Specialties Private Limited Recalls 10 Lots Of Etomidate Injection 2 mg/mL – 10 mL And 20 mL