Special Recognitions - Written by Jere Beasley on Friday, August 8, 2008 13:01 - 0 Comments
This year one of our lawyers, John Tomlinson, had the pleasure of serving on the Jimmy Hitchcock Award selection committee. The purpose of the Jimmy Hitchcock Award is to recognize outstanding high school senior athletes in Montgomery County, who by their actions have consistently represented the highest ideals of Christian leadership in athletics. These student athletes are nominated by their coaches and the administrators of their respective schools.
This year, John and a fellow selection committee member, Billy Cox of Montgomery, were charged with the responsibility of learning about Clark Hankins, a soccer, basketball and football star at Saint James High School. They discovered a tremendous young man who provides a great example of leadership, character, sportsmanship, commitment, and hard work on the athletic field as well as in the classroom. Clark is also a tremendous Christian role model for his peers and for the community.
This year the Jimmy Hitchcock committee recognized Clark as its male recipient. Clark was an All-Star soccer player and a Team Captain in soccer, basketball, and football, as well as the team academic excellence winner in football. Clark was a Senior Peer Leader at Saint James High School and participated in several Christian youth groups in the Montgomery area, including Montgomery Young Life, Campaigners, and Wyldlife, a ministry for junior high students. Clark will attend the College of Charleston, where he received a soccer scholarship. We wish Clark the very best in the future and know that he will continue to be a success and be a Christian role model wherever he goes. There are always many outstanding young people nominated for this award. They are all winners. I am glad that this committee finds time to recognize outstanding Christian leaders in our schools.
Leave a Reply
- Favorite Bible Verses
- U.S. Supreme Court Denies Preemption Petition In Reglan Cases
- Fiat Chrysler Hit With Record $105 Million Fine by NHTSA
- Judge Denies Trinity's Request for a New Trial
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Jere Beasley Report, October 2015
- Favorite Bible Verses
- A Look at Potential Claims Relating to On The Job Injuries
- Trucking Company to Pay $3.45 Million to Settle Minimum Wage Lawsuit
- FDA Issues Bone Fracture and Density Warning for Type 2 Diabetes Drugs
- Actos Settlement Program Well Received by Claimants
- Internal Reporting is Now Covered Under the Whistleblower Anti-Retaliation Provision
- Melton Family Creates Vehicle ‘Watch List’ to Alert Public to Dangerous Autos
- Class Action Lawsuit Seeks Justice for Volkswagen Owners Deceived by Automaker’s Clean Air Act Cheat
- Volkswagen Admits to Massive Scheme Deceiving the EPA and American Consumers
- Chette Williams Does Good Work As Auburn University Football Team Chaplain
- Hello Leigh,
I hope you are doing well. I am trying to get in touch with you. ...
- We own a 2006 250 diesel. Have taken to a ford dealer for the third time to co...
- Plz away least hear my plea. I am at my wits and feel no one wants to help. Thre...
- I was having some chimney flashing repaired today...the person doing the repair ...
- my toyota corolla ce 2004 model power steering is stiff when the engine is idle ...
- Where are we with the payout to those Canadians who were affected by VIOXX- one ...
- sorry the implant was performed in august of 2011...
- i had a nucleus 5 implant in august 2014- 65 years old and the time, and lost my...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Sep 14, 2015 9:07 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Chrysler Appeals In The Georgia Jeep Fire Death Case
- Mazda Seat Belt Defect Lawsuit Will Go Forward
- Our Firm Has Recently Filed Another Osprey Lawsuit
- Jeep Grand Cherokees Under NHTSA Probe After Rollaway Reports
- Honda Reportedly Facing Probe Over Air Bag Failure Claims
Recalls Update - Sep 23, 2015 8:19 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Merck Recalls Temodar And Temozolomide Bottles With Cracked Caps Due To Failure To Meet Child-Resistant Closure Requirement
- Flowers By Zoe Recalls Girls Striped Hoodie And Neon Tie Dye Jacket Due To Strangulation Hazard
- Manhattan Group Recalls Children’s Elephant Activity Toys Due To Choking Hazard
- J.M. Mattress Recalls Renovated Mattresses
- Stork Craft Recalls Crib Mattresses