Special Recognitions - Written by Jere Beasley on Friday, August 8, 2008 13:01 - 0 Comments
This year one of our lawyers, John Tomlinson, had the pleasure of serving on the Jimmy Hitchcock Award selection committee. The purpose of the Jimmy Hitchcock Award is to recognize outstanding high school senior athletes in Montgomery County, who by their actions have consistently represented the highest ideals of Christian leadership in athletics. These student athletes are nominated by their coaches and the administrators of their respective schools.
This year, John and a fellow selection committee member, Billy Cox of Montgomery, were charged with the responsibility of learning about Clark Hankins, a soccer, basketball and football star at Saint James High School. They discovered a tremendous young man who provides a great example of leadership, character, sportsmanship, commitment, and hard work on the athletic field as well as in the classroom. Clark is also a tremendous Christian role model for his peers and for the community.
This year the Jimmy Hitchcock committee recognized Clark as its male recipient. Clark was an All-Star soccer player and a Team Captain in soccer, basketball, and football, as well as the team academic excellence winner in football. Clark was a Senior Peer Leader at Saint James High School and participated in several Christian youth groups in the Montgomery area, including Montgomery Young Life, Campaigners, and Wyldlife, a ministry for junior high students. Clark will attend the College of Charleston, where he received a soccer scholarship. We wish Clark the very best in the future and know that he will continue to be a success and be a Christian role model wherever he goes. There are always many outstanding young people nominated for this award. They are all winners. I am glad that this committee finds time to recognize outstanding Christian leaders in our schools.
Leave a Reply
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- J&J Pays Oregon $4 Million To Settle Hip Implant Marketing Claims
- MF Global Officers’ Defense Cost Already At $48 Million
- GSK Fined Record $489 Million For Bribery In China
- Bank Of America’s Mortgage Backed Securities Settlement Is The Most Consumer Friendly Deal Struck Thus Far
- Alabama Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status For $3.2 Billion Investor Lawsuit Against CVS Caremark
- U.S. Senate Confirms Jill Pryor To 11th Circuit
- Alabama Campaigns Move Slowly Towards November
- The National Scene Begins To Generate Interest
- United Kingdom’s Government Backs BP
- U.S. Chamber Sides With Foreign Oil Company Over Its Own Members
- Halliburton Reaches Settlement On Claims
- A Confirmation Of Judge Barbier’s Ruling That BP Was Grossly Negligent
- I bought my f350 from our local ford 2 years ago it had 140000 on it in the firs...
- I have worked for dollar general for 14 1/2 years. sept 29th me and my whole cre...
- I had the same ignition problem where the car would not turn off on my 2007 HHR ...
- my recall was just preformed and power steering has gone out. are these two issu...
- I would like to know if I have A case that your firm would take on. I had severe...
- If possible, I would love to join the class action law suit.
We own a 2004 F 35...
- I am wondering about this lawsuit. What the outcome is....
- You can find more information about Lipitor and its connection to Type 2 diabete...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Oct 2, 2014 13:14 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- NHTSA Looking Into Ford Fiesta Door Latch Problems
- NHTSA Looks At Chrysler Minivan Stalling Issue
- NHTSA Puts Blame on GM For Hiding Ignition Switch Defect
- Aurora Shooting Victims Sue Ammunition E-Retailers
- Children’s Clothing Should Never Be Fire Traps
Recalls Update - Oct 2, 2014 9:39 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- FDA Tells Compounder To Recall Contaminated Goods Again
- More Than 200,000 Pairs Of Children’s Sunglasses Recalled
- Cabrinha Recalls Kiteboarding Control System Due To Risk Of Injury
- iDevices Recalls Temperature Probes Due To Ingestion Hazard
- AmTRAN Video Recalls To Repair 42-Inch JVC Flat Panel Televisions