Special Recognitions - Written by Jere Beasley on Friday, August 8, 2008 13:01 - 0 Comments
This year one of our lawyers, John Tomlinson, had the pleasure of serving on the Jimmy Hitchcock Award selection committee. The purpose of the Jimmy Hitchcock Award is to recognize outstanding high school senior athletes in Montgomery County, who by their actions have consistently represented the highest ideals of Christian leadership in athletics. These student athletes are nominated by their coaches and the administrators of their respective schools.
This year, John and a fellow selection committee member, Billy Cox of Montgomery, were charged with the responsibility of learning about Clark Hankins, a soccer, basketball and football star at Saint James High School. They discovered a tremendous young man who provides a great example of leadership, character, sportsmanship, commitment, and hard work on the athletic field as well as in the classroom. Clark is also a tremendous Christian role model for his peers and for the community.
This year the Jimmy Hitchcock committee recognized Clark as its male recipient. Clark was an All-Star soccer player and a Team Captain in soccer, basketball, and football, as well as the team academic excellence winner in football. Clark was a Senior Peer Leader at Saint James High School and participated in several Christian youth groups in the Montgomery area, including Montgomery Young Life, Campaigners, and Wyldlife, a ministry for junior high students. Clark will attend the College of Charleston, where he received a soccer scholarship. We wish Clark the very best in the future and know that he will continue to be a success and be a Christian role model wherever he goes. There are always many outstanding young people nominated for this award. They are all winners. I am glad that this committee finds time to recognize outstanding Christian leaders in our schools.
Leave a Reply
- A Report On A Deadly Chemical Leak At A Site In Texas
- The Role of a Trial Lawyer
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Sandy Hook Families File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- GM Recalls Vehicles For Headlight Problem
- Daiichi Sankyo Agrees to Pay $39 Million to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- District Court Sanctions Ghostwriting Of Expert Reports
- IIHS List Of Safest Cars Grows Amid Record Recalls In The U.S.
- NHTSA Needs Adequate Resources To Do Its Job
- Former NHTSA Employees Join Takata Air Bag Defect Panel
- BMW Will Replace Airbags Nationwide
- GM Recalls 83,000 SUVs And Trucks For Faulty Ignitions
- GM Gets 108 More Claims For Defective Ignition Switch Compensation
- Koch Brothers Set $889 Million Budget For Lead-Up To 2016
- Whistleblower Wins Supreme Court Ruling
- Pfizer Pays $400 Million To End Shareholder Suit
- Study Author Says Autism Risk Linked To Chemicals
- Multi-State Dog Fighting Ring Ordered To Pay $2 Million Restitution
- I have a 2004 F150 Lariat crew cab. Driving home from work in 2011 (cold weather...
- In 2005 August 12th my husband commited suicide after being on Lexapro. I notice...
- Anthony Franco, the last part of your paragraph is absolutely not true, the new ...
- I have been searching for something like this ... I have worked 50 to 65 hours p...
- 2005 F150 Supercrew: I have replaced 3 out of 4 and the last regulator is broken...
- i understand that wat has happened but it is also the owner of said vehicle to d...
- I was prescribed Plavix from Sept 2003 through
Aug 2010 and suffered several he...
- my mazda has been in the shop for over 200 days in 8 months turbo charger ,motor...
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Feb 9, 2015 14:42 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- Recalls Of Cars Abroad Prompt No Urgency In United States
- FHWA Opens Website For Public Reporting Of Guardrail Flaws
- Lawyers In Our Firm Settle Industrial Machine Design Case
- Aging and Dangerous Tires On Our School Buses
- Toyota Ordered to Pay $11 Million in U.S. Trial Over Fatal Sudden Unintended Acceleration Crash
Recalls Update - Feb 9, 2015 9:36 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Johnson Health Tech Recalls Matrix Fitness Strength Training Machines
- Cleaner And Degreaser Recalled For Chemical Hazard
- NPD Furniture Recalls Dining Chairs Due To Fall Hazard
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled By Star Ride Kids
- CoScentrix Expands Recall Of DD Brand Candles