Special Recognitions - Written by Jere Beasley on Friday, August 8, 2008 13:01 - 0 Comments
This year one of our lawyers, John Tomlinson, had the pleasure of serving on the Jimmy Hitchcock Award selection committee. The purpose of the Jimmy Hitchcock Award is to recognize outstanding high school senior athletes in Montgomery County, who by their actions have consistently represented the highest ideals of Christian leadership in athletics. These student athletes are nominated by their coaches and the administrators of their respective schools.
This year, John and a fellow selection committee member, Billy Cox of Montgomery, were charged with the responsibility of learning about Clark Hankins, a soccer, basketball and football star at Saint James High School. They discovered a tremendous young man who provides a great example of leadership, character, sportsmanship, commitment, and hard work on the athletic field as well as in the classroom. Clark is also a tremendous Christian role model for his peers and for the community.
This year the Jimmy Hitchcock committee recognized Clark as its male recipient. Clark was an All-Star soccer player and a Team Captain in soccer, basketball, and football, as well as the team academic excellence winner in football. Clark was a Senior Peer Leader at Saint James High School and participated in several Christian youth groups in the Montgomery area, including Montgomery Young Life, Campaigners, and Wyldlife, a ministry for junior high students. Clark will attend the College of Charleston, where he received a soccer scholarship. We wish Clark the very best in the future and know that he will continue to be a success and be a Christian role model wherever he goes. There are always many outstanding young people nominated for this award. They are all winners. I am glad that this committee finds time to recognize outstanding Christian leaders in our schools.
Leave a Reply
- Testosterone Multidistrict Litigation Has Been Formed
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Exploding Airbags is the Next Hidden Danger Lurking on the Horizon
- An Update on the Firm's Mass Torts Litigation
- The Travis Grant Story Is A Good One
- The Civil Justice System Does Make a Difference
- BP's Stay Request Fails Before the Supreme Court
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Eight Car Makers Join in the Recall of Exploding Airbags
- The Deepwater Horizon Claims Program is Up and Running Again
- Favorite Bible Verses
- Pollution Plagues The Water In Alabama
- New York Appeals Court Decisions May Impact Fracking Nationwide
- The Prices Of Generic Drugs Are Going Up
- John Hopkins Settles Pelvic Exam Lawsuits For $190 Million
- An Update On Boating Accidents
- There Were 10 Deaths And 123 Injured During 4th Of July Travel Period In Alabama
- Tracy Morgan Files Suit Against Wal-Mart
- OSHA Issues Safety Violations To Bridge Company
- Investigators Say Overloaded Storage Bins Caused Building Collapse
- Jury Returns $15 Million Verdict Against The Los Angeles Dodgers
- Safeguards Needed To Protect The Public Against Predatory Lenders
- I was an employee since 2002. I was fired on July31, 2014. I knew for almost 2 y...
- It would of been nice to got a letter!!!! For my 2012 tri-glide, mine just start...
- My 2007 F150 Triton 4x4 truck has had two regulators replaced on the driver door...
- Just in case Ford ever steps up, I'm chiming in. Original Owner 2004 F150 SCrew...
- August 26, 2014 - my wife has received an August GM recall notice on her 2002 mo...
- Thanks, Tiffany Lindsay keep me posted...
- To the lawyer of this firm, something similar happen to me today while traveling...
- Ford sucks! for not recalling this issue... I am on my second replacement.
Recent Settlements - Feb 9, 2012 7:09 - 0 Comments
More In Recent Settlements
- A Further Update On The AWP Litigation
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Fort McClellan Radio Tower Collapse Case
- Firm Reaches Settlement In Sikorsky Helicopter Crash
- The Philadelphia Story
- St. Croix, Virgin Islands Settlement
Product Liability - Aug 1, 2014 14:22 - 0 Comments
More In Product Liability
- NHTSA Finally Issues A Rear Underride Standard
- Dangers Associated With Portable Bed Handles
- A Danger in Your Home Is Hiding In Plain Sight
- Joan Claybrook Recalls Important Product Safety Issues She Dealt With As Head Of NHTSA
- GM Stops Sales Of Some Cadillacs Over Ignition Issue
Recalls Update - Aug 1, 2014 12:23 - 0 Comments
More In Recalls Update
- Unique Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. Recalls All Sterile Compounded Preparations Within Their Expire Period
- Dream On Me Recalls High Chairs Due To Strangulation And Fall Hazards
- Oeuf Recalls To Repair Cribs Due To Entrapment Hazard
- Fiberglass Boom May Conduct Electricity
- Porter-Cable Fixed-Base Production Routers Recalled Due To Electrical Shock Hazard